Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Attacking options are still a big concern for me. Still need a decent winger and a striker. Green wasn't good enough to start at championship level and we can't rely on kodija as backup when nobody knows how wesley is going to adapt. Benrahma provided his Injury issue is behind him and Maupay would be icing on the cake.

Edited by AshVilla

7 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Depends on how long we have been preparing it and whether Fulham are sufficiently braced 

We’ll fold it up neatly, slip into his top pocket, give him a reassuring squeeze of his arm, smile and say, “See you on Monday son”. 

12 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Attacking options are still a big concern for me. Still need a decent winger and a striker. Green wasn't good enough to start at championship level and we can't rely on kodija as backup when nobody knows how wesley is going to adapt. Benrahma provided his Injury issue is behind him and Maupay would be icing on the cake.

Not that I disagree but I'd hardly call it a concern given the way Smith and co are going about their business this summer and the backing being given.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Where are all those people that were panicking about the lack of signings two weeks ago?! 

I'm sure they're all fairly pleased

Got told a few weeks ago that we were also negotiating for a keeper from a European club as another option. Won't share a name as I read other clubs are in for him and we know journalists love to get their stories from VT. Hes a good player tho and I think he is 26 or 27 and I would be confident we wouldn't see many howlers from him if he signed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Where are all those people that were panicking about the lack of signings two weeks ago?! 

I’m here. Wasn't panicking but concerned. 

You have to admit that the business we’ve done since then has been pretty unprescedented.

Nice of you to rub it in btw.😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Got told a few weeks ago that we were also negotiating for a keeper from a European club as another option. Won't share a name as I read other clubs are in for him and we know journalists love to get their stories from VT. Hes a good player tho and I think he is 26 or 27 and I would be confident we wouldn't see many howlers from him if he signed. 

Don't give us his name. Just his date of birth, club, height and previous clubs will do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Say no more...

Image result for marc andre ter stegen

According to Dave Jordan, on the Jonny Gould podcast, we can comfortably spend at least £124m on transfers (19:00) this season:

https://m.soundcloud.com/jonnygouldfootball/dave-jordan-yorkshireavfc-is-back-with-villas-new-premier-league-fortunes-revealed

I think we’ve spent about £97m so far.

It’s well a worth a listen anyway, very interesting with some info regarding FFP and more.

I wonder how much further business we are going to do...

Edited by Jas10

A month to go and suddenly we only need a winger (after Trezeguet) and another striker to have an almost complete squad. 

It's been a brilliant window for us so far, but a RW is a huge issue. 

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

A month to go and suddenly we only need a winger (after Trezeguet) and another striker to have an almost complete squad. 

It's been a brilliant window for us so far, but a RW is a huge issue. 

I wouldn't call it a huge issue, but one nonetheless. We could if worse comes to worse slot in Kodija/Jota there.

11 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think we’ll still be interested in Phillips or another DM. The first team is shaping up, but we don’t have a great deal of strength in depth still. 

I think we are nearing the stage where we'd be interested in anyone who would improve the squad or first 11, now or for the future.

We're almost at the end of the 'need' to get the squad in place - signings now should result in "Hause ain't good enough" or "Get rid of El Ghazi, he's shit" in a summer of 2.
When we sell them to Bristol or Brentford for £20m. Or Leeds for £30m.

• Like 1