Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I know now why so many want us to sign Bjorn Engels and to play him as defensive midfielder, it's so we can all sing this:

And our back four, he offers it protection, 

A lot of strength and aggression, whether it's right or wrong. 

If you tackle over the ball, you know that you won't break he, he's stronger than you and me,

And if you think he'll fall, you're f**king crazy, 

He's Bjorn Engels - you're dead! :D

We have to sing it 3 times? 😜

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, supermon said:

Transfermarkt says he only just signed for Reims on 1st July 2019

mercedes what GIF

4m euros

so double that and he's cheaper than a PL / English option

the interesting bit would be if reims know they could flip him for a quick profit and talked to him about it before signing him

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m still really worried about our wide options. I like El Ghazi but he’s inconsistent and this is another step up. Jota is very sound technically but again, this is the premier league and I don’t know how he will fare. Green wasn’t good enough for the Championship last year so no chance he’s going to be an option. 

Reports suggest we are going to sign that Trezeguet but he’s not exactly getting rave reviews by people that have watched him....

Our wide players are going to be very important this season and we’ll need them to chip in with some goals. As things stand, I worry we’re not well enough equipped in this area. 

Very much agree with this post. I love El ghazi but like you say I do feel he could can go large portions of a game where he struggles to make an impact. Green is kinda trash and has no business in the Premier League therefore we really do need to strengthen the wide positions as ball into the box were something we capitalised on very well least year. Also given that from the little I’ve seen of Wes on YouTube he does seem to have a talent for finishing off crosses with his head.

hopefully we can address this and get the right player in

6 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Very much agree with this post. I love El ghazi but like you say I do feel he could can go large portions of a game where he struggles to make an impact. Green is kinda trash and has no business in the Premier League therefore we really do need to strengthen the wide positions as ball into the box were something we capitalised on very well least year. Also given that from the little I’ve seen of Wes on YouTube he does seem to have a talent for finishing off crosses with his head.

hopefully we can address this and get the right player in

we push elmo up, he could play more at RW than RB next season if guilbert is a success

I have no problem with that, think its his best position 

el ghazi, green, elmo, kodj, trezeguet, its not great but its not as big a problem as CM

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m still really worried about our wide options. I like El Ghazi but he’s inconsistent and this is another step up. Jota is very sound technically but again, this is the premier league and I don’t know how he will fare. Green wasn’t good enough for the Championship last year so no chance he’s going to be an option. 

Reports suggest we are going to sign that Trezeguet but he’s not exactly getting rave reviews by people that have watched him....

Our wide players are going to be very important this season and we’ll need them to chip in with some goals. As things stand, I worry we’re not well enough equipped in this area. 

Valid point. Rest assured, DS and Co. will also be fully aware of this. I think at the moment we are completing the more ‘gettable’ deals e.g. Konsa, Engels (hopefully) as the others are more difficult both financially and attainability wise e.g. a DM (Philips?) and a RW. As we know, players don’t get signed in order of priority as the multitude of variables in any transfer make every one very unpredictable. DS and JP will clearly realise the necessity of getting a DM and RW (and hopefully another ST) and I’m very confident that probably towards the end of the window these deals will be completed.   

Good work so far in the market will become excellent work in a few weeks 

• Like 2