Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

25 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I would prefer Tuanzebe and Abraham to Konsa and Wesley so those moves arguably make us very slightly weaker.

Very arguable indeed. Tuanz is a great player but Abraham is not PL quality IMO. I don't think anyone can fairly praise/write off Konsa or Wesley yet.

I agree though...top 10? Very unlikely.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Believe Luiz is happening because Spurs have come in for Phillips. 🤔 

I like the business we're doing and I like that were getting it done early so we can bed the team in. Couple more and hopefully we'll have a strong enough team to stay up and push on. 

I think its happening because - (a) Leeds wanted stupid money for an unproven player, and/or (b) NSWE's wallets felt really heavy today

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

Very arguable indeed. Tuanz is a great player but Abraham is not PL quality IMO. I don't think anyone can fairly praise/write off Konsa or Wesley yet.

I agree though...top 10? Very unlikely.

Which is exactly why I said “given what we know at the moment” 

If given the chance supporters were asked if they would rather sign Tuanzebe and Abraham or Konsa and Wesley I would imagine the overwhelming majority would go for the former

Clearly (again as I said) Konsa and Wesley could turn out to be incredible but at the moment our first XI is not markedly better than last season - of course the addition of 2 or 3 more would change that

Hmmm, not sold on the Trezeguet idea.

Was hoping we'd aim a bit higher with this position, he'll need to be a revelation.

Hopefully he'll develop into a class player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaCas said:

Which is exactly why I said “given what we know at the moment” 

If given the chance supporters were asked if they would rather sign Tuanzebe and Abraham or Konsa and Wesley I would imagine the overwhelming majority would go for the former

Clearly (again as I said) Konsa and Wesley could turn out to be incredible but at the moment our first XI is not markedly better than last season - of course the addition of 2 or 3 more would change that

I would say that the quality of the squad is fairly unknown. what we have retain is quality however, but I still think we need a few additions. Steer might not cut it for one.

Just now, sne said:

Was hoping we'd aim a bit higher with this position, he'll need to be a revelation.

not entirely convinced either, but I guess we'll have to see. who knows, maybe Jota (who isn't being overly praised on here) might turn out to be an incredible fit for us too. 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

We're doing this in the right order: buy first, sell second. I expect a totally quiet deadline day this year, and glad of it. 

Agreed. Beneficial in this sense that we can still sell abroad up until the end of August after our own transfer window closes.

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I would say that the quality of the squad is fairly unknown. what we have retain is quality however, but I still think we need a few additions. Steer might not cut it for one.

Exactly this. Nobody has a clue how we’ll perform but what we do know is he we have a coach that knows how he wants to play and what kind of player he needs.  

Yes Axel and Abraham were great players for us but would Smith had even been interested had they not even been at the club?

Its a really exciting time for us at the moment. It could all go tits up but I think we will suprise a lot of teams. 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Rotational player I imagine.  Looking at what we're doing, I think there's one more wide player to come in.  Ideally giving us (I suppose), El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Jota and <x> as our options.  Would expect Green to be loaned again, unless we don't manage to bring in <x>.

• Like 3

Just now, bobzy said:

Rotational player I imagine.  Looking at what we're doing, I think there's one more wide player to come in.  Ideally giving us (I suppose), El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Jota and <x> as our options.  Would expect Green to be loaned again, unless we don't manage to bring in <x>.

Hope that is the case.

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We're doing this in the right order: buy first, sell second. I expect a totally quiet deadline day this year, and glad of it. 

Who do you think we will (realistically) be able to sell and for what kind of fees?

Bjarnason, Kodjia (might have attracted some attention during AFCON), Hogan (seems like the most difficult one) ?

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Who do you think we will (realistically) be able to sell and for what kind of fees?

Bjaranson, Kodjia (might have attracted some attention during AFCON), Hogan (seems like the most difficult one) ?

I wonder if we use Hogan in any potential bid for Maupay? 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

<x> = Benrahma hopefully 🤞... or is that being greedy

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

this is what I'm hoping for, with <x> being a marquee signing of sorts.

• Like 1