Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Safe to say this isn't a Villa scouting department signing. This smells Deano a mile off 

Would have thought that was obvious as he did have a big part in us signing him last summer 

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Jesse Joronen been linked with turning us down .... Finnish  GK....  here have some agent generated clickbait to waste sone time before we #announceinsertplayersnamehere 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-approach-international-keeper-16562325

If we're scouting Copenhagen then hopefully we're in for Robert Skov. 

• Like 1

Just now, deeps said:

Right so now are we all thinking...

GK DM RW and ST and we are done?

urm.....pretty much yeah?

i would say GK, DM, R/L W are the critical, and a ST, DM/MC would be nice if we could afford it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deeps said:

Right so now are we all thinking...

GK DM RW and ST and we are done?

I'm not too sure we'll bring in a right winger.  I wouldn't be surprised if Jota, Green and El Ghazi (as a contingency right winger) isn't the starting squad depth for that position.  You've also got Elmo who can play there too.  That's not to say we couldn't do with a top signing.  I just think priority lies elsewhere.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah most people are able to see the connection. Most. 

What’s the problem in Smith bringing in players he already knows? What’s the problem bringing in players who already know him, his style of play and his personality? Especially young players tipped for big things. Konsa was selected over Tuanzebe in the u21s, wasn’t he?

assuming we sign Konsa, our signings are:

Hause - 3m, Targett - 11.5m, Wesley - 22.5m, Jota - 3m, El Ghazi - 5m, Konsa - 12m, Mings - 20m.

Total : 77m

Lets assume our transfer budget is 120m?, that leaves 43m left.

DM - 20m?

GK - 10m?

R/L Winger - 15m?

these figures kinda show how close we are to our limit now in terms of spend, if 120m is our soft or hard limit.

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, Thats2 said:

What’s the problem in Smith bringing in players he already knows? What’s the problem bringing in players who already know him, his style of play and his personality? Especially young players tipped for big things. Konsa was selected over Tuanzebe in the u21s, wasn’t he?

Haven't seen a single person having an issue with that.

Very happy with Konsa, he’s a good young player in the same mould as Tuanzebe. Another player who could potentially have an England future. We are now able to mould our own player, it must have become obvious that Tuanzebe wasn’t available and we don’t have time to wait until the end of the window.

A centre back lineup of Mings, Chester, Konsa and Hause is solid. I would expect to see Mings and Chester start unless Hause or Konsa play very well during pre-season.

As for still bringing in Cahill, not a chance. We don’t need him and it would be a waste of money. John Terry has all the experience we need on the training pitch, and that is where Konsa will need working on. On the pitch Cahill would oust Mings who Konsa will play alongside at some point.

Nice to see we have gone for targets like Webster and moved on when we have been priced out. It’s a warning shot fired at Phillips, Butland and Benrahma.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

assuming we sign Konsa, our signings are:

Hause - 3m, Targett - 11.5m, Wesley - 22.5m, Jota - 3m, El Ghazi - 5m, Konsa - 12m, Mings - 20m.

Total : 77m

Lets assume our transfer budget is 120m?, that leaves 43m left.

DM - 20m?

GK - 10m?

R/L Winger - 15m?

these figures kinda show how close we are to our limit now in terms of spend, if 120m is our soft or hard limit.

I know I sound like a stuck record but I really think we need another forward.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Why?

Cause he is the next Paul McGrath.

A RTB deal has to be thrown in or it's baffling.

I disagree. Man Utd cannot do one because that is how football works. Delph did it for us.

Call me nuts but I would give Man Utd £30m for him now.

I rate him as much as you do maybe. But if he really wanted to come here he wouldn't / shouldn't have signed that contract. But fair enough, and you're right, Delph did do it for us. Man Utd don't need the money though.

Unfortunately, he would probably cost us well over 30m now. Give us the option of that with a loan and see how he goes and I'm down.

Will it happen? I doubt it.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

how far off spurs' England player record are we?

grealish, mings, targett, konsa, phillips, heaton

Heaton and Phillips don't play for us. 

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I know I sound like a stuck record but I really think we need another forward.

Agreed. When Tammy wasn't firing we suffered last year up front through lack of competition.

I'd take someone who could play winger or striker to a high standard a la Jarrod Bowen.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

If we're scouting Copenhagen then hopefully we're in for Robert Skov. 

Just read up about him very good shout and poss available for £10mill.. Spurs and wolves are looking at him though .... Sounds like a quality player in the making .