Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Based on nothing other than my own theories on fees we have now spent £75million on 7 players ... ( I’m purposely not counting agent fees etc) that hopefully leaves a max I guess of £55mill poss any potential player sales left in the pot to get a GK, a DM (or two) an additional winger and ST ..... interesting whose next up .. I hope one more before we depart for the USA...

Phillips, Skov, Bayliss ... GK ( hopefully Butland loan with obligation to buy) leaving around £10mill plus sales for a ST .... UTV ! 

1 hour ago, Brentfordnylons said:

When you look at what’s being quoted for Maquire and even lewis Dunk yes it’s a bargain remember we couldn’t ask for more as it was in his release clause.Im happy as we have brought in 2 brutes in Pinnock and Jansson to firm up our soft under belly 

Same thing happened with us and Delph, a few seasons ago.

2 hours ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Konsa is a great signing for you and good business for us and hopefully keeps Maupay and Benrahma at the club a bit longer.Konsa is class on the ball only negative is his arial play needs work but think he will improve in the PL

What do you expect when he's been practising against a French midget on the training pitch? Now he's with the big boys he will be absolutely fine!

4 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

He seems very composed on the ball and quick in recovery, it's impossible to say if he's Premier League level, but he seems to have all the tools to be judging by this video. Has all the attributes we are looking for although heading may be a weakness (same as Tuanzebe)? I'd be happy enough if we signed him as it seems a good fit, but it would be a risk.

I'm not picking on your post just highlighting a point that needs reiterating.

We've spent upwards of 20m on a CB risk, a CF risk at 22m, a RB risk at 5m...…. The reality is that every player represents a risk or 2. Does said player have the physical attributes, Mental and technical. If the club believe so then I'm fine with that tbh. 

We are in a situation whereby everything we do currently is a risk. You can mitigate the risk though by thinking long term in which case things move from a gamble to a well thought out strategy. I think we have done the latter and been very smart buying high quality youth to add to an already high spirited outfit. 

You can look at the worst case scenario...Us going down. Then look at the squad assembled as it currently is, we would not be down for 3 years that's for sure. I think we would bounce quick as we are not on a downhill trajectory as previous when we treaded water for several years before going down. We're in a good place and have a what appears to be a family all pulling together now as it should be, rather than a bunch of individuals.  

Personally I look at the squad and once Hogan has been shifted I cannot see anywhere that we have been too risky in the business we have done. Every player has great potential to return either on the pitch or on the clubs bank balance. 

• Like 4

I love the Robert Skov talk. He's a great player and an even better person. But he's going to be around 20M, if not more. He was rumored back in January to be the first "100M DKK" player from the danish league (100M DKK is just over 12M pounds). Copenhagen's head of communications made a funny tweet fixing the article with a "100M euro"-caption. Obviously he isn't going to be that expensive, but they value him a lot in Copenhagen. 

One of the best left foots in Europe and he would actually fit right into our system.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

My post from April

You’re just showing off now...

😜

I do think some of your suggestions have been really good over the years I have been on here and think we may have missed a trick or 2, 3, 5 and you are way more balanced in your judgement that without mentioning any names than some on here.

Looking at you @sir_gary_cahill

😀

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NPDK said:

I love the Robert Skov talk. He's a great player and an even better person. But he's going to be around 20M, if not more. He was rumored back in January to be the first "100M DKK" player from the danish league (100M DKK is just over 12M pounds). Copenhagen's head of communications made a funny tweet fixing the article with a "100M euro"-caption. Obviously he isn't going to be that expensive, but they value him a lot in Copenhagen. 

One of the best left foots in Europe and he would actually fit right into our system.

Looks like he has a great shot in him, how mobile is he though?

Bit wary of another Gary Gardener type if you known what I mean.

Just curious I have never seem him play. 

10 minutes ago, NPDK said:

Best Danish player since Eriksen?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

As we saw last year before January a lack of depth in defence can really hamper the team. Sign up Konsa and he can deputise to Mings.

I think that's what Hause was brought in for. Especially been a lefty.

• Like 2