Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

9 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Cracking signing and a bargain at 12m. Might have work to do on heading but his ball carrying stats were better than Axel’s last year. 

When you look at what’s being quoted for Maquire and even lewis Dunk yes it’s a bargain remember we couldn’t ask for more as it was in his release clause.Im happy as we have brought in 2 brutes in Pinnock and Jansson to firm up our soft under belly 

• Like 3

There's a rumour that that Skov might be going to Brentford, they seem to be making a big go of it this summer, if he does go there might allow us to get Benrahma. Edit: Getting him mixed up with a different Skov.. Andreas Skov Olsen, but the point about Benrahama still might stand, as Andreas is also a winger.

Edited by useless
  • Haha 1

Just now, Brentfordnylons said:

When you look at what’s being quoted for Maquire and even lewis Dunk yes it’s a bargain remember we couldn’t ask for more as it was in his release clause.Im happy as we have brought in 2 brutes in Pinnock and Jansson to firm up our soft under belly 

You are right it is a bargain and I suspect we’ve kept this quiet to allow you to buy those players first. Jansson will be good for you.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Just seen a Wolves fan on Twitter claim Villa had never heard of Konsa until they were linked with him 🤦‍♂️😆

Are they thick, or what? Former Brentford manager Dean Smith had never heard of Brentford player Ezri Konsa? Riiiiight.... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

There's a rumour that that Skov might be going to Brentford, they seem to be making a big go of it this summer, if he does go there might allow us to get Benrahma.

If they are making a go of it, the last thing they will want to do is sell their most creative player. 

13 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Definately. 

At the moment our options are Wesley Kodija Hogan RHM & Davies . Worried where the goals will consistently come from somewhat... 

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Are they thick, or what? Former Brentford manager Dean Smith had never heard of Brentford player Ezri Konsa? Riiiiight.... 

Of course they are. The Alsatian on their shirt is to represent their IQ.

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

For me Konsa has bags of potential and at £12m it's a sensible signing. However, not sure he is ready from what little I have seen of him so I think it is imperative we get someone more ready for the RCB position as well. Someone like Hegazi or Cahill. 

You mean the 2-2 where Brentford player us off the park? Where Bruce scraped a draw?

what about the second game we lost and Konsa didn’t give Tammy a sniff?

people saying konsa might not be ready but why is he any different to Webster? Smith knows him and I’m confident smith will improve him massively 

• Like 3

according to the Brentford forum we are super likely to go straight back down, due to the fact that after spending 80m, our squad is now weaker than the promoted one.

apparently Wesley is a massive downgrade on Abraham, Konsa about level with Axel, hasnt mentioned that Targett, Guilbert and Jota are also obviously huge downgrades on Taylor, Elmo and Green.

I would guess Mings is also a downgrade on Mings.

I mean, in not claiming we will or wont get relegated......but our squad after the money spent so far is defo not weaker overall.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

You mean the 2-2 where Brentford player us off the park? Where Bruce scraped a draw?

what about the second game we lost and Konsa didn’t give Tammy a sniff?

people saying konsa might not be ready but why is he any different to Webster? Smith knows him and I’m confident smith will improve him massively 

cus webster is worth 50m, so must be better alrite?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

according to the Brentford forum we are super likely to go straight back down, due to the fact that after spending 80m, our squad is now weaker than the promoted one.

apparently Wesley is a massive downgrade on Abraham, Konsa about level with Axel, hasnt mentioned that Targett, Guilbert and Jota are also obviously huge downgrades on Taylor, Elmo and Green.

I mean, in not claiming we will or wont get relegated......but our squad after the money spent so far is defo not weaker overall.

They reckon they have a team full of quality players, yet finish in the bottom half of the championship. I wouldn't give their views a second thought tbh. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

If Konsa is level with Tuanzebe and only costing us 12 Million he could become the bargain of the season!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah but without my rose tinted glasses and taking out their anti villa sentiment it’s borderline whether better or worse than the promoted team with the squad as of today.

we have no idea how Wesley is going to fair.....hopefully not a Balaban. Unknown how he’ll fair to a Tammy comparison.

Mings is Mings 

Targett is an upgrade

Guilbert is another unknown

Jota seems a better back up player than Albert

Konsa and Axel could be argued roughly the same.

I’m optimistic but despite their anti villa, it’s not too hard to argue for what they said

• Like 1

So if Konsa joins, do we think that will be it defensively in terms of signings, including the keeper position? Surely money needs to be spent on attack and midfield now (inc a DM). 

Edited by Tayls

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So if Konsa joins, do we think that will be it defensively in terms of signings, including the keeper position? Surely money needs to be spent on attack and midfield now (inc a DM). 

Still think at least GK, DM and RW.

Being greedy I would also like another Striker and Centre-back