Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

What makes me chuckle is that IF we sign Konsa for 12m, Bristol are going to be annoyed, they thought they could fleece us for 30m for Webster, and have possibly discovered that rejecting an 18m plus extras offer might not have been a good idea after all.

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

What makes me chuckle is that IF we sign Konsa for 12m, Bristol are going to be annoyed, they thought they could fleece us for 30m for Webster, and have possibly discovered that rejecting an 18m plus extras offer might not have been a good idea after all.

I imagine they'll be happy to keep him to be fair. They'll get 20-25m from someone for him at some point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

I imagine they'll be happy to keep him to be fair. They'll get 20-25m from someone for him at some point.

Has a championship player ever gone for that amount? He'll be down another year on his contract. Possibly might have a bad year. It's always best to cash in when a players stock is highest. 

Webster is injury prone, last season was the first time he's made more than thirty appearances in his career. I don't think they were ever going to get £20m plus for him, that was just paper talk.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Benrahma is the one I really want 🤲🏻🏽

He's still undergoing treatment for his injury and is working on getting fit, but is doubtful even for the start of the season, so he could be a risky buy at the moment, out of all our players they are prepared to sell, he's the one they are desperate to keep hold of if they can, but money talks, so who knows?

4 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Has a championship player ever gone for that amount? He'll be down another year on his contract. Possibly might have a bad year. It's always best to cash in when a players stock is highest. 

Yep. Bristol ain't coming up anytime soon I don't think. If they play silly buggers he could get injured, decide to run his contract down, etc. All because they were greedy and priced him out of a move. The likelihood of all these so called 20-30m players in the championship actually being sold for these prices is highly unlikely. 

5 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Height alone does not take account of athleticism.

I'm 6'4" for example, and can jump to a height of about 6'3". Garry Thompson could leap amazingly high for a man of his height. Cristiano Ronaldo can also leap beyond what is expected.

Showoff...

I'm a Jamaican midget 🙄

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Webster is injury prone, last season was the first time he's made more than thirty appearances in his career. I don't think they were ever going to get £20m plus for him, that was just paper talk.

Tyrone Mings...

73860B7F-A3E3-491D-89F0-9D17D0591067.thumb.png.8c056515bd95a50f3f384c3edd897d92.png

• Like 2