Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Pez1974 said:

Height alone does not take account of athleticism.

I'm 6'4" for example, and can jump to a height of about 6'3". Garry Thompson could leap amazingly high for a man of his height. Cristiano Ronaldo can also leap beyond what is expected.

Even Alan Wright had a surprisingly good jump. Whereas Peter Crouch didn't. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He has to be signed to be backup. No way on earth can this be our starting CB. That's a relegation signing. 

Enter Cahill. Short term, reliable defender who konsa can learn off and rotate with as and when. By the time Cahill leaves konsa should be ready to step up. 

• Like 1

Konsa will be a like for like replacement for Tuanzebe, similar players, similar attributes. I think it is a risk, but I'm encouraged by the fact that Dean Smith obviously knows him, his personality and his capabilities, and he's decided he's worth that risk.

There's no way we are paying £12m for any back up player when we have so much business to do, he'll be first team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wes said:

Hence the "(potentially?)"

Don't the players fly off to the US tomorrow? I'd have thought that a lot more would have been sorted for him to 'potentially' be on the plane tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

But Tuanzebe, who essentially has no premier league experience, your ok with ? Conor Coady had a brilliant season last year. Do some Villa fans expect us to be challenging for champions league or something next season!

Cause everyone who has watched more than 5 minutes of the championship knows that Tuanzebe is a better player. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Konsa will be a like for like replacement for Tuanzebe, similar players, similar attributes. I think it is a risk, but I'm encouraged by the fact that Dean Smith obviously knows him, his personality and his capabilities, and he's decided he's worth that risk.

There's no way we are paying £12m for any back up player when we have so much business to do, he'll be first team.

Very similar player. Comfortable on the ball, not rushed. I don't think you play over 100 league games at a pretty decent level at CB, a position of such responsibility, if you haven't got something about you. Fantastic piece of business by villa.

• Like 1

Just throwing this out there, would anyone be happy with re-signing Whelan for another year?  Lets say we get Philips or whoever our starting DM is, we could always do with cover in case we have to take him off/injuries.  It's a safe option, provides continuity, great pro etc

Edited by supermon

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Cause everyone who has watched more than 5 minutes of the championship knows that Tuanzebe is a better player. 

But he isn't out player. Likely never will be. Purslow said post season that the loan model would not be one we will be continuing. That's been the case. We seem to have abandoned it and im glad.

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

But he isn't out player. Likely never will be. Purslow said post season that the loan model would not be one we will be continuing. That's been the case. We seem to have abandoned it and im glad.

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Obviously cannot agree on a clause being included. If it's a loan and nothing more than I agree, we have to let go.

Just now, supermon said:

Just throwing this out there, would anyone be happy with re-signing Whelan for another year?  Lets say we get Philips or whoever our starting DM is, we could always do with cover in case we have to take him off/injuries.  It's a safe option, provides continuity, great pro etc

Nope. Whelan gets hopelessly exposed at this level. Thanks for everything but we move on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I watched him in every home match he played in, he's a very, very talented lad with ambition, with a lot more to come and I don't think Konsa will want to play second fiddle for long, DS will know how to use him, at the journalist so called prices quoted (£12 Million) he will be a steel with a long future ahead of him.

Great to hear.

A lot of people seem to be hoping we'll be after another CB even if this happens, but I think it's more likely Chester starts this season first choice I expect Konsa to get minutes in cup games and as and when Chester can't play too many games in a short period. If he shows the enough improvement over the year I could see him ending the season as first choice with Mings.