Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

For me Konsa has bags of potential and at £12m it's a sensible signing. However, not sure he is ready from what little I have seen of him so I think it is imperative we get someone more ready for the RCB position as well. Someone like Hegazi or Cahill. 

• Like 1

Given the transfer fee, I think Konsa is a better signing than Webster and a like for like replacement for Tuanzebe. I also think Cahill is a no brainer as he is an upgrade on Chester and brings vital experience. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Konsa for £12m and Tuanzebe on loan for a year would be great business. Gives Konsa the year to settle, play cup games, come off the bench and generally cover Tuanzebe and Mings, then when we send Tuanzebe back next year he'll hopefully be ready to make the step up. If he's not, we'll know from how he does this season so can look elsewhere if required.

• Like 1

Just now, omariqy said:

For me Konsa has bags of potential and at £12m it's a sensible signing. However, not sure he is ready from what little I have seen of him so I think it is imperative we get someone more ready for the RCB position as well. Someone like Hegazi or Cahill. 

Konsa will play in the RCB position . Mings beside him. Chester will be in the squad and a bloody good squad player at that. 12 million was the release clause in Konsa's contract. Very good business. Can't help but feel Smith has his hands all over this one. He brought him to Brentford and would of been aware of that contract.

If we sign Konsa I don't want us to loan Alex anymore as they will fight over minutes and I'd rather give them to our player than to Manures.

If Konsa signs I'd be OK with a 1 year contract for Cahill

• Like 3

Can't really complain at the £12m fee judging by how highly he seems to be rated by people who have seen him play. I don't claim to know much about him though, and I'd like to see another centre half come in who's a bit more experienced and proven.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Given the transfer fee, I think Konsa is a better signing than Webster and a like for like replacement for Tuanzebe. I also think Cahill is a no brainer as he is an upgrade on Chester and brings vital experience. 

Hmmm, but to be fair, Kodjia in peak form, gives most CB's problems.

Even the best CB's have off days, or have opponents which just seems to have their tickets.

FYI: I know nothing about the kid.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN