Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

52 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Reports today ( don't know how credible ) that Man Utd will allow Tuanzebe to return on a season long loan!

They will sanction another Loan depending if they strengthen further in defence first.

If it happens I hope we have a release clause in there.

Him and Konsa for a combined £12m would be absolutely fantastic!

Edited by AvfcRigo82

It's a No to Tuanzebe for me. Unless they agree an option to buy, which they probably won't, then I'd tell them to sling their hooks. 

Although Tuanzebe was good for us in the Championship, he's still largely unproven in the Prem, so there are plenty of better or similar alternatives available that won't result in us, yet again, improving another team's player.

Get lost Man Utd! We'll be loaning you our players next year! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Axel is more highly rated, proven at this level and is hands down the better of the two.

Erm no he is not proven at this level at all... Axel’s 5 games in the prem I’d give you over Konsa 0 but that doesn’t mean he is proven though. And the fact he is more highly rated probs is because he is at Man Utd .... Not sure who the better players is and would be happy with both / either ... just pointing out there stats were comparable ... 

Edited by thabucks

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Axel is more highly rated, proven at this level and is hands down the better of the two.

Might be a bit of a stretch.

He has 5 appearances in the PL, a total of 305 minutes.

7 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Why would we take Axel back? Not without a deal agreed and that contract he signed makes that a non starter. If he signed the contract just to get Man Utd more money they can do one.

Why?

Cause he is the next Paul McGrath.

A RTB deal has to be thrown in or it's baffling.

I disagree. Man Utd cannot do one because that is how football works. Delph did it for us.

Call me nuts but I would give Man Utd £30m for him now.

Where has this £30m valuation come from?

Would be a comical sum to pay for him.

Fwiw I have no real issue with the odd loan as it frees up money to spend in other areas like DCM and winger.

Squad still need massive improvements if we hope to stay up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Erm no he is not proven at this level at all... 5 games in the prem I’d give you over Konsa 0.. The fact he is more highly rated probs is because he is at Man Utd .... Not sure who the better players is and would be happy with both / either ... just pointing out there stats were comparable ... 

Rubbish.

Did you see any of those games Axel featured in?

Those 5 games showed enough imo.

Konsa is promising but not a 1st choice CB for me and still has that edge first touch imo.

Maybe because he is at Man Utd he is highly rated but I would disagree. A player is a player and is as good as he is regardless of the club he is at.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Fwiw I have no real issue with the odd loan as it frees up money to spend in other areas like DCM and winger.

Optional £30m would be ideal. 

If he has a successful loan in the Prem with us £30m will be a good deal next summer. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, sne said:

The £30m has came from my opinion of the player, how highly I rate him and how much I would be prepared to pay at this moment in time if it where down to me.

When we are seeing quotes of £18m-£20m for unprovem PL championship defenders and players then I'd say Axel is worth that little bit more.

England international in the waiting.

Edit: way too slow on most of these points.

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Axel is more highly rated

Agreed, but so what? I think Axel could be quality, but don't think he would get anywhere near as much attention if he didn't play for Utd.

proven at this level

5 games total in the PL playing with far better players than he would with us - not a big enough sample size IMO. Weren't a couple of these appearances also in midfield? He has a total of 35 senior appearances against Konsa's 113 at pretty much the exact same age so while he may have more (albeit very little) of the mythical PL experience, he has far less playing time.

hands down the better of the two.

This is subjective, but fair enough. I don't necessarily disagree, but I only watched Konsa 2/3 times last season against pretty much every one of Axel's appearances. I might feel differently if I had watched every game from both, but don't feel I'm in a great position to judge.

I think Axel is absolutely class, but they also strike me as similar players and I doubt many of us watched enough of each to make a truly unbiased judgement. I appreciate a lot of people watch more football than me though so apologies if you have seen him play a lot more.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

Not that it matters but according to Transfermarks in the 4 games Axel featured for Manure in the PL (the 5th was a 1 min sub appearance) he played RB once and DCM the other 3.

Edited by sne

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Rubbish.

Did you see any of those games Axel featured in?

Those 5 games showed enough imo.

Konsa is promising but not a 1st choice CB for me and still has that edge first touch imo.

Maybe because he is at Man Utd he is highly rated but I would disagree. A player is a player and is as good as he is regardless of the club he is at.

Reece oxford says hi, he had a run of good games a few seasons ago... anyway not really interested in debating the values of 5 supposedly good performances how many seasons ago... Both had comparable stats last season and yes I agree Axel is probs the better player of the two but long term who knows ..

Edited by thabucks

10 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Agreed, but so what?

So what? I think we would be more comfortable seeing Axel  and Mings  opposed to Konsa  Mings imo anyway.

I think Axel could be quality, but don't think he would get anywhere near as much attention if he didn't play for Utd.

It's irrelevant who he plays for imo.

5 games total in the PL playing with far better players than he would with us - not a big enough sample size IMO. Weren't a couple of these appearances also in midfield? He has a total of 35 senior appearances against Konsa's 113 at pretty much the exact same age so while he may have more (albeit very little) of the mythical PL experience, he has far less playing time.

This is subjective, but fair enough. I don't necessarily disagree, but I only watched Konsa 2/3 times last season against pretty much every one of Axel's appearances. I might feel differently if I had watched every game from both, but don't feel I'm in a great position to judge.

I think Axel is absolutely class, but they also strike me as similar players and I doubt many of us watched enough of each to make a truly unbiased judgement. I appreciate a lot of people watch more football than me though so apologies if you have seen him play a lot more.

Without having to justify the player anymore than I already have clear across the past however many pages and threads etc.

I think it would be best to turn the attention to Axel's thread.

I will add, In those few games he played he was solid, one of them keeping an on form Alexis Sanchez (who was scoring for fun at the time for Arsenal) in his pocket during that game.

I have not seen Konsa perform at that level or any level with glowing praise, or I guess I would have the same opinion of him.

An added value comes that Mings and him formed a solid partnership which also helps bed in quicker.

Edited by AvfcRigo82