Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How Tall/Short is he?

Chester and Tuanzebe aren't exactly giants either mate.

Konsa is 6ft / 6ft 1

I think Tuanzebe is the same, Chester is 5ft 11 I think.

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nope, but enough to know he shouldn't be our starting CB in the PL.  If this really is where we're going in our Axel replacement it's naivety on another level. 

I trust Smith, I don’t know about you but I think Smith has a great eye for a player. If he thinks Konsa is good enough to start for us in The Premier League then so do I. Based on Konsa’s performance for Brentford at Villa Park last season, he looked immense

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Not so sure why so many seem to think Konsa will be a back up signing he's a very highly rated defender, rated at a similar level to players like Tuanzebe and Tomori.

I think you are correct again

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s on skysport.com, there’s a link on the previous page of this thread

Thanks - promising, looks a good player. It looked like he was off to Wolves last week, wonder if we got in the way.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How Tall/Short is he?

Chester and Tuanzebe aren't exactly giants either mate.

6.0/1,83 from what I've seen. Think it was Pulis who regarded Chester to be too short as well and played him RB if I remember correctly.

I wont at all write him off because of his length, and if he is a good passer and can contribute to our bulid up play it could make sense, especially if he plays next to Mings. Would lIke us to bring in someone as Hegazy as well so we have options when we play the rugby teams like Burnely.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 1

Konsa and Heaton (potentially?) on the plane to the States for that pre-season trip (as Visas are less likely to be an issue as they are English).

Trezequet has been on International duty all summer so is likely to be on holiday now, so would join up with the squad when they are back from the US.

DM the last essential missing piece?

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He has to be signed to be backup. No way on earth can this be our starting CB. That's a relegation signing. 

But Tuanzebe, who essentially has no premier league experience, your ok with ? Conor Coady had a brilliant season last year. Do some Villa fans expect us to be challenging for champions league or something next season!

Just now, Wes said:

Konsa and Heaton (potentially?) on the plane to the States for that pre-season trip (as Visas are less likely to be an issue as they are English).

Trezequet has been on International duty all summer so is likely to be on holiday now, so would join up with the squad when they are back from the US.

DM the last essential missing piece?

Have you been busy today? Heaton is still in Portugal with Burnley and Dyche has said that there's been no bid :D

Just now, Rob182 said:

Have you been busy today? Heaton is still in Portugal with Burnley and Dyche has said that there's been no bid :D

Hence the "(potentially?)"

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

6.0/1,83 from what I've seen. Think it was Pulis who regarded Chester to be too short as well and played him RB if I remember correctly.

I wont at all write him off because of his length, and if he is a good passer and can contribute to our bulid up play I could make sense, especially if he plays next to Mings. Would lIke us to bring in someone as Hegazy as well so we have options when we play the rugby teams like Burnely. 

Height alone does not take account of athleticism.

I'm 6'4" for example, and can jump to a height of about 6'3". Garry Thompson could leap amazingly high for a man of his height. Cristiano Ronaldo can also leap beyond what is expected.

If Chester can get back to his old self he's a well capable defender at Premier league level, ask any Hull fan and they will you he was one of their best players in the top flight, it's only really at Albion where he had a tough time, but that's because Pullis played him at right-back.