Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Hegazi is definitely not 'shit'. He was a bugger to play against last season for us and for 10mil, in this market, would be a steal. I'm all for it - he's a big, physical brute can definitely knows how to defend. 

I’m going overboard, obviously. He’s not Premier League standard though. Let’s not forget he got relegated with the Baggies.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I’m going overboard, obviously. He’s not Premier League standard though. Let’s not forget he got relegated with the Baggies.

Multiple decent players have been relegated. I could list off many

<x> got relegated with <y> examples

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If you had the choice of signing Hegazi and Cahill for £10m plus wages, or Webster for £20m plus wages, what would people prefer?

Mine would be the former.

I would prefer us to knock on Man Utd's door and throw the same money in an offer for Tuanzebe.

What's the worse that will happen? Man Utd say no?  Or Man Utd say yes - but make it £30m and he is yours?.

I still would at £30m +wages above any of the names mentioned. (Cahill, Webster, Hegazi).

Edited by AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Disagree and being relegated doesn't say anything about the player as an individual. Is Grealish not good enough because he got relegated with us?

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Hegazi is actually very good on the ball.

He's not 'bad'.

He certainly wouldn't be my first choice, he's a bit uncultured, but if we are going to go for that type of defender I prefer him to Cahill. 

Heaton for an arbitrary fee like £5m would be one of those bargains everyone is clamouring for. He has turned down a contract offer, he is ready to move. 

He's only 6'2 though, I'm not sure if that passes the VT acid test?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Heaton for an arbitrary fee like £5m would be one of those bargains everyone is clamouring for. He has turned down a contract offer, he is ready to move. 

He's only 6'2 though, I'm not sure if that passes the VT acid test?

Pah, he's not even tall enough to play womens football.........

• Haha 1

I dont know why but i was viewed Hegazi as a weak link in the Baggies team and a penalty waiting to happen - so my initial is a big no thank you.

Upon reflection my view is probably based on the fact hes a Baggies player so i don't want him to be any good and i want him to give away lots of penalties

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Multiple decent players have been relegated. I could list off many

<x> got relegated with <y> examples

40 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Disagree and being relegated doesn't say anything about the player as an individual. Is Grealish not good enough because he got relegated with us?

and obviously I’m not only looking at that in isolation.

56 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would prefer us to knock on Man Utd's door and throw the same money in an offer for Tuanzebe.

What's the worse that will happen? Man Utd say no?  Or Man Utd say yes - but make it £30m and he is yours?.

I still would at £30m +wages above any of the names mentioned. (Cahill, Webster, Hegazi).

"I know you love him, but it's over, mate
It doesn't matter, put the phone away
It's never easy to walk away, let him go
It'll be alright"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1