Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Apparently brentford have slashed there valuation price on Maupay to 15 million, must get him now would be a treat at that price.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Spoke to baggies mates of mine about Dawson and Hegazi the weekend. Basically they said that if you want to play 3 at the back Dawson is your man but Hegazi was definitely the better defender.

Same here. I was going to suggest him in this thread at the start of the window, but I looked and I think he still has 3-4 years on his deal, so it’d probably take about £3 billion pounds to get him :D

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Apparently brentford have slashed there valuation price on Maupay to 15 million, must get him now would be a treat at that price.

Awww gummon do you believe every click bait headline?

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

If we could get him for something like £12m plus addons, would be a nice bit of business imo. 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Awww gummon do you believe every click bait headline?

The word (((apparantly))) should give you that answer 🤣

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If we could get him for something like £12m plus addons, would be a nice bit of business imo. 

12 mill and Hogan should be a done deal lol.

Edited by Dave-R

I think we will get 3 more first team  players -  CB - CF &  DM  - probably another £30m worth ? 

Hopefully a few up and coming players for lower fees who we can develop. 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think we will get 3 more first team  players -  CB - CF &  DM  - probably another £30m worth ? 

Absolutely need another top quality wide player.

24 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Ugh, can imagine all the crazy situations and mishaps that would happen with Hegazi and El Ghazi? Far too confusing. Avoid.

And we’ve got Elmohamady. Could re-sign Karim ElAhmadi too. Just for the full commentator melt down.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

And a goalkeeper. Maybe not Butland (though I hope he still comes) but another one. Steer did great last season but don't think he's PL quality.

Looking at Hegazi means we're after another Centre Back at least, which is a relief.

Along with Mings, another CB, DM, and wide attacker would take us to the 9 signings Percy mentioned yesterday. A goalkeeper for 10?

Edited by Wes

Albion fans seem to think he was their player of the season, and towards the end of the season some were saying that they'd struggle to keep him regardless of whether they were promoted or not. He was also linked to Real Madrid a couple of months ago. Hegazi, that is.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Thought Hegazi looked very good against us in the Play-offs, but all I got to see was backs-to-the-wall defending, is he any good with a ball at his feet? It's pretty important for our central defenders to be good on the ball for the way we want to play.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think we will go for Cahill over webster now as we have had to pay so much for mings.

Webster would be a much better investment than Cahill. It depends on our predicted FFP ceiling as to whether we have to look for a free (with huge wages) or an investment who will also bring more fitness and mobility to the role.

We still need five more players, so even though money's no object to NSWE (within reason) FFP may be a limiter as others have said.

If FFP is a restrictor I'd be looking at someone like Schindler from Huddersfield on a two year deal.