Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I'm in the Hegazi is good but Dawson for £5.5m was a better option camp.

Hegazi and Mings woah. That is brutal. Don't even think I'd be fazed going to Turf Moor with them lads in there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm in the Hegazi is good but Dawson for £5.5m was a better option camp.

Hegazi and Mings woah. That is brutal. Don't even think I'd be fazed going to Turf Moor with them lads in there.

Yep, that's a very good pairing for a newly promoted side, I hope we make it happen.

• Like 1

Webster would be the better buy but potentially 3x as much as Hegazi.

Hegazi is absolutely not shit. He's not a long term investment and he probably would get found out at a club fighting for Europe but he would definitely be decent for us and where we expect to be for a couple of years. Plus we'd probably be able to sell him for 5-10m in a couple years and recoup most of the outlay.

It wouldn't be great business but it would be smart business when everybody else costs £20m.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Hegazi missed eight league games last season, and Albion didn't win one of them. From the wording of that tweet though sounds like he's a back up option. Something else to consider is that he has a £10m release clause in his contract.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

If you had the choice of signing Hegazi and Cahill for £10m plus wages, or Webster for £20m plus wages, what would people prefer?

Mine would be the former.

Wouldn't need them both though. Chester may not be the same player he was but Mings, Hegazi, Chester and Hause is plenty good enough for us and enough options.

We'll have one more CB come in. Perhaps a youngster to go out on loan if Cahill comes in but I can't see us adding another 2 to the first team squad after Mings is announced. Unless Chester is shipped off which I would be disappointed in. 

Hegazi is definitely not 'shit'. He was a bugger to play against last season for us and for 10mil, in this market, would be a steal. I'm all for it - he's a big, physical brute but definitely knows how to defend. 

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If you had the choice of signing Hegazi and Cahill for £10m plus wages, or Webster for £20m plus wages, what would people prefer?

Mine would be the former.

Same here. Webster would be a better investment, but that’s also based on him actually being decent in the Prem and continuing his development into a good defender at a higher level. 

The latter is a ‘higher risk/ higher reward’ situation that we could do with limiting when our main aim is probably avoiding relegation. Cahill and Hegazi would add numbers, experience and proven Premier League quality.

Im fine with Hegazi. Still need another too. Hegazi and Webster (I think Smith likes his defenders comfortable on the ball and be able to bring the ball out) or Cahill and defence is sorted.