Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Play-off teams more often than not come straight back down, and when you look at it, we've only marginally improved our play-off winning team, despite having spent around £70m.

• Sad 1

Just now, useless said:

Play-off teams more often than not come straight back down, and when you look at it, we've only marginally improved our play-off winning team, despite having spent around £70m.

I wouldn't even say we've improved it as things stand, unfortunately.

• Like 2

FWIW, I like Brentford. I enjoy the fans posting on here, admire the way they go about their business and hope they manage to get promoted at some point soon. Would be a great achievement. 

In the meantime, though, just let us have your best players pls :( 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

FWIW, I like Brentford. I enjoy the fans posting on here, admire the way they go about their business and hope they manage to get promoted at some point soon. Would be a great achievement. 

In the meantime, though, just let us have your best players pls :( 

One Day, One Day, we all hope 

Haven't you heard, we start at £20 million!!! (if you checked click bait)

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

The likes of Brentford are very good at finding and bringing players on. However they have the luxury, to some extent, of doing that away from the glare of publicity that is associated with bigger clubs like us. The attention of course gets even more intense now we’re back in The Premiership. Perhaps the cheap gems at this level are indeed the £20m players that we hope to turn into £40/50m players. Although I’m not saying we can’t still find the odd £5m bargain, Jota for example, however I think it’s harder for us now. 

Why don't we just buy them and loan them to Brentford

Edited by CosmicVillan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'd love to see Benrahma in a Villa shirt.

It's what photoshop was made for!

Edited by sidcow

43 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Been a quiet day so I thought I would draw up a 25 man depth chart, based on the business we've done so far and my ideal future transfers (based on who we've been linked to).

The depth chart covers pretty much all the possible positions we would use across numerous formations.  It then shows the 3 players in order of who is most suited to that position (I'm sure that'll spark debate) - so you'll see a few players double up as cover in their non-strongest positions.

Being slightly optimistic on the transfer fees, I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that we could get all those players for around £170m, which pretty much matches the amount we'd get in TV money even if we went down.  I think with that squad we'd safely stay up, thoughts?

1071845729_Depthchart.thumb.png.f226808fc1c4556f3740c2bc55c19f8f.png

* Only showed prices for players coming out of this summer's transfer budget

You spelled Targett wrong, go back and start over

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Why don't we just buy them and loan them to Brentford

This would actually be a genuis idea. Brentford could be like our feeder club. A B team almost.

@jonjon would that be feasible or am I being disrespectful? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

50 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Been a quiet day so I thought I would draw up a 25 man depth chart, based on the business we've done so far and my ideal future transfers (based on who we've been linked to).

The depth chart covers pretty much all the possible positions we would use across numerous formations.  It then shows the 3 players in order of who is most suited to that position (I'm sure that'll spark debate) - so you'll see a few players double up as cover in their non-strongest positions.

Being slightly optimistic on the transfer fees, I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that we could get all those players for around £170m, which pretty much matches the amount we'd get in TV money even if we went down.  I think with that squad we'd safely stay up, thoughts?

1071845729_Depthchart.thumb.png.f226808fc1c4556f3740c2bc55c19f8f.png

* Only showed prices for players coming out of this summer's transfer budget

I love a spreadsheet. 

I think Leon is pure bs though and have no idea who Sangare is?

wheres Trézéguet?

1 hour ago, useless said:

Marginally?

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This would actually be a genuis idea. Brentford could be like our feeder club. A B team almost.

@jonjon would that be feasible or am I being disrespectful? 

shade burn GIF

• Haha 3