Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Trezequet's a left winger who played really well in Egypt's three group matches. He was very average in the game that the BBC say Smith and Suso scouted.

He's quick and tricky and likes to run with the ball, but dives at the slightest touch. 

Edited by villabromsgrove

Just now, Flynnchin84 said:

Personally would prefer Benrahma over Trezeguet

Trezeguet goal highlight reel the defending looks absolutely horrendous. More A-League(Australia) than Championship standard

Looking at our squad we don’t really have many disposable assets that would bring in significant funds to supplement our budget ... Poss Conor but wouldn't want to lose him ideally. Greene is worth keeping around for a season as cover and see if he develops more . Kalinic, Lansbury, Hogan, Bree and Kodija are the obvious ones ... £20mill at best I reckon those sales would bring in but weakens the already thin squad somewhat... 

My brother mentioned Sanagre as a potential option for DM. He's in the Ivory Coast squad but not sure if he is getting much game time. Highly rated and could be one to watch for Smith.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Said it yourself, FFP limits us. We don't have an unlimited budget, thus limited.

He isn't crazy. Just a joke of his love of attacking football.

It would be incredibly exciting to sign Maupay as well as big Wes. Wondering if he could do a job on the wing as cover for the whole front three.

I guess it depends which positions the coaches feel we need to really spend on and which, if there are any such positions, that we can take a risk on with a cheaper, but with potential, player. I think they may view another striker as worth paying a premium on.

Teams that struggle tend to not score enough goals. Players that can cover more than one position are always handy, so as you say that may be the case with Maupay. Him being already familiar with the English game, albeit in The Championship is another bonus. 

Viva la crazy attacking football!

We won't be putting all our eggs in a Wesley basket. He hasn't been prolific and from what I can tell drops deep / wide and links play. Its asking a lot for him to come in and be prolific in the PL. He may well be, and our scouts might argue he's about to set the world alight, but I can see another forward needed to compete and offer tactical flexibility.

We only have Kodjia as a viable alternative right now. Davis is still unproven and Hogan is shite. 

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm expecting us to pick out the Benrahma's of this world before their 'values' reach £20m+, really hoping to see evidence of smart signings this summer rather than just signing players for large fees.

Whilst I agree to some extent, I’m not sure that we’re in a position at the moment to take many risks. Perhaps once we have a settled first team we can buy players to develop and come through with time. Right now we need first team players and hope they hit the ground running. 

The likes of Brentford are very good at finding and bringing players on. However they have the luxury, to some extent, of doing that away from the glare of publicity that is associated with bigger clubs like us. The attention of course gets even more intense now we’re back in The Premiership. Perhaps the cheap gems at this level are indeed the £20m players that we hope to turn into £40/50m players. Although I’m not saying we can’t still find the odd £5m bargain, Jota for example, however I think it’s harder for us now. 

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Whilst I agree to some extent, I’m not sure that we’re in a position at the moment to take many risks. Perhaps once we have a settled first team we can buy players to develop and come through with time. Right now we need first team players and hope they hit the ground running. 

The likes of Brentford are very good at finding and bringing players on. However they have the luxury, to some extent, of doing that away from the glare of publicity that is associated with bigger clubs like us. The attention of course gets even more intense now we’re back in The Premiership. Perhaps the cheap gems at this level are indeed the £20m players that we hope to turn into £40/50m players. Although I’m not saying we can’t still find the odd £5m bargain, Jota for example, however I think it’s harder for us now. 

i agree with this. lansbury is one classic example of a player who did not cope with the step up. however you can do all the scouting you like but you dont know how they'll cope until you sign them. for every lansbury, there's a mcginn

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Benrahma would be a perfect addition if his ankle operation went okay.

Reading the Brentford forums they seem to be thinking he will be out injured for the start of the season 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hegazi is pretty decent, definitely premier league level IMO, would be a good signing contingent on price. I do think we missed a bit of a trick not signing Craig Dawson for £5m.

Spoke to baggies mates of mine about Dawson and Hegazi the weekend. Basically they said that if you want to play 3 at the back Dawson is your man but Hegazi was definitely the better defender.

• Thanks 1