Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Re Maupay and Brentford. Probably is clickbait but lets remember Brentford are a shop window for these players. That is the attraction. They know if they perform then they may get a move on to the next step. That is by no means meant as disrespect. We were the same with the likes of Gueye, Veretout and Benteke. If they are seen to be blocking moves for players or inflating fees then agents will be more reluctant to get their clients to their club. Trust me as I work with agents these kind of thoughts go through their heads. The good agents are always thinking the next move ahead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I can just see all the little Brentford ET creatures going mad at the thought of appointing another bib man as a manager

Please keep up, like most well run clubs we don't employ a Managers, only a Head Coach, we have moved on with the times, unlike some clubs. 

6 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

I hear there's a new tea lady coming in.

We need at least 4 before the US. At this rate our squad and staff will be parched before the season even kicks off.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jonjon said:

Please keep up, like most well run clubs we don't employ a Managers, only a Head Coach, we have moved on with the times, unlike some clubs. 

It sounds great, but I think there will be just too many people having an input into playing style.

The head coach connects with the leg coach, the leg coach connects with the foot coach.

God knows what the arse coach is upto.

53 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

It certainly does have more than a whiff of click-bait about it.

That’s what it is and there is over 100 pages of biters on Sheffield United forum they are now saying Villa are going to beat them to it.The truth is we haven’t up until midday today had any bids in for him and they think we are desperate to sell him as we have spent 12 mill on 3 players this last couple of weeks.Oh and yet another player coming in to be announced later this week from Spain.Dont want Neil to leave but if he does I hope he joins Villa

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Re Maupay and Brentford. Probably is clickbait but lets remember Brentford are a shop window for these players. That is the attraction. They know if they perform then they may get a move on to the next step. That is by no means meant as disrespect. We were the same with the likes of Gueye, Veretout and Benteke. If they are seen to be blocking moves for players or inflating fees then agents will be more reluctant to get their clients to their club. Trust me as I work with agents these kind of thoughts go through their heads. The good agents are always thinking the next move ahead. 

This is a really good point. They play the right way and it’s good place for skilful players to thrive. 

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

It sounds great, but I think there will be just too many people having an input into playing style.

The head coach connects with the leg coach, the leg coach connects with the foot coach.

God knows what the arse coach is upto.

Butland

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You ever posted in waccoe mate? I lasted 5 minutes and had threats to my life and children. 

Never posted on that, we are a dual supporting couple, because for my sins my wife is a long time Villa supporter being born in the area, I only post on here out of interest and to keep her up to date.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Very good in the air as well, which was a bit of a weakness last season at the back.

Was also a very goodcheap option for fantasy football if that means anything, Guess it must mean something when a defender for WBA is outscoring most other defenders (& plenty of midfielders& forwards) in the league

9 minutes ago, omariqy said:

You are right there,most of the players we have sold over the last 4 seasons for big money have played under 50 games for us including Hogan Jota Gray Mepham ect.The attraction is as you say shop window and I would add in London we can show plenty of examples of players moving on to big clubs for high wages.Not great for us fans but it’s a price we have to pay for being able to compete in the championship.I hope we can keep hold of Maupay and Benrahma as we might just give it a go this season now we have strengthened our defence

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

You are right there,most of the players we have sold over the last 4 seasons for big money have played under 50 games for us including Hogan Jota Gray Mepham ect.The attraction is as you say shop window and I would add in London we can show plenty of examples of players moving on to big clubs for high wages.Not great for us fans but it’s a price we have to pay for being able to compete in the championship.I hope we can keep hold of Maupay and Benrahma as we might just give it a go this season now we have strengthened our defence

I'd love to see Benrahma in a Villa shirt.

9 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

You can’t keep a player like Benrahma in the Championship for another year. It’s criminal!

It was bad enough seeing Grealish have to do 3 years there!

edit: I actually think Benrahma is the best player in the Championship. Even better than Jack.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

25 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Never posted on that, we are a dual supporting couple, because for my sins my wife is a long time Villa supporter being born in the area, I only post on here out of interest and to keep her up to date.

Think you've got a weakness for us now though...... 

33 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

That’s what it is and there is over 100 pages of biters on Sheffield United forum they are now saying Villa are going to beat them to it.The truth is we haven’t up until midday today had any bids in for him and they think we are desperate to sell him as we have spent 12 mill on 3 players this last couple of weeks.Oh and yet another player coming in to be announced later this week from Spain.Dont want Neil to leave but if he does I hope he joins Villa

Neil? Who's that then for Brentford! Oh you mean Neal Maupay ? :)

Edited by Villan4Life