Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Would be a bit surprised if we bought Mings and another two defenders. I would think Mings, Chester, Hause and one more would be enough. 

Well, maybe I should say I don’t see us spending another £10m on Hegazi and bringing Cahill in on a free. Not enough game time to go around for those five. Maybe Hegazi and a young prospect who wouldn’t expect many starts.

Did someone say that Phillips has played in defence before? Maybe getting that one over the line would fill that crucial DM position and add a bit more cover for central defence in case we needed it.

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Apparently brentford have slashed there valuation price on Maupay to 15 million, must get him now would be a treat at that price.

What a load of made up rubbish from the SUN, they have no idea what Brentford will sell him for, if at all, the club have categorically stated today that they have had no enquiries for him at all, as yet, and if they do the price will always be an "undisclosed figure", and the general public will only find out the true figure in next years accounts, so don't get sucked in by the click bait rumours, why are supporters so obsessed with the price of players? after all it doesn't come out of their pockets !!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jonjon said:

What a load of made up rubbish from the SUN, they have no idea what Brentford will sell him for, if at all, the club have categorically stated today that they have had no enquiries for him at all, as yet, and if they do the price will always be an "undisclosed figure", and the general public will only find out the true figure in next years accounts, so don't get sucked in by the click bait rumours, why are supporters so obsessed with the price of players? after all it doesn't come out of their pockets !!!

It certainly does have more than a whiff of click-bait about it.

36 minutes ago, jonjon said:

What if it was a "cheeky" £15m bid?

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

I’m going overboard, obviously. He’s not Premier League standard though. Let’s not forget he got relegated with the Baggies.

1994/95 season - Gareth Southgate was at  Crystal Palace as their captain and it was his first season in Premiership and they was relegated

We bought him pre-season 95/96 and rest is history. He was a midfielder at Palace but Villa (and Brian Little) converted him into a Centre Back and we won the League Cup that season!

Just because a player is relegated i.e Hegazi, Kongolo and others relegated etc etc doesn't make some of them bad players

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Webster would be a much better investment than Cahill. It depends on our predicted FFP ceiling as to whether we have to look for a free (with huge wages) or an investment who will also bring more fitness and mobility to the role.

We still need five more players, so even though money's no object to NSWE (within reason) FFP may be a limiter as others have said.

If FFP is a restrictor I'd be looking at someone like Schindler from Huddersfield on a two year deal.

A fine addition to the 'list?' 😏

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

1994/95 season - Gareth Southgate was at  Crystal Palace as their captain and it was his first season in Premiership and they was relegated

We bought him pre-season 95/96 and rest is history. He was a midfielder at Palace but Villa (and Brian Little) converted him into a Centre Back and we won the League Cup that season!

Just because a player is relegated i.e Hegazi, Kongolo and others relegated etc etc doesn't make some of them bad players

unless its micah Richards and joleon lescott

seriously though the year they went down baggies conceded 56 goals

everton in 8th conceded 58, arsenal in 6th conceded 51, there were 9 teams with a worse record than them

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

and obviously I’m not only looking at that in isolation.

6 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

There's no way Brentford will do anything without informing the fans first, via a huge committee like the Galactic senate.

No different to Villa then?

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

What if it was a "cheeky" £15m bid?

I don't think we have every done a "cheeky" bid, but there is always a first time I suppose , but on the other hand what do us supporters know?

11 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

There's no way Brentford will do anything without informing the fans first, via a huge committee like the Galactic senate.

I can just see all the little Brentford ET creatures going mad at the thought of appointing another bib man as a manager

• Haha 1

Just now, Gompedyret said:

I hear there's a new tea lady coming in.

We can't compare the teabags to last season's teabags! Doesn't everyone know that teabags are ever evolving. Or, at least, that's the impression I get from the Tetley adverts.

• Haha 1