Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Here's a post on our forum from someone who's actually ITK.

If they turned down a 20m package they are nuts and don't deserve another penny.

That's just bat sh** crazy if true.

• Like 2

£20 million is the new £10million, which used to be the new £5 million which was the world record transfer fee paid for Maradona in 1982.

We're just going to have to get used to players costing that much. Maybe in 20 years we'll look back on paying £20 million for Webster like we look back on paying £1.5 million for Mark Delaney

• Like 1

Wernt we linked with Target last summer? So let me get this straight. Out of all the left backs in the world both the previous management and the current management see a player that can’t get in to the Southampton team as our number 1 target for a left back?

I smell more lazy bulls**t journalism with this? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wernt we linked with Target last summer? So let me get this straight. Out of all the left backs in the world both the previous management and the current management see a player that can’t get in to the Southampton team as our number 1 target for a left back?

I smell more lazy bulls**t journalism with this? 

Hope you are right.

Otherwise i'm inclined to believe we simply can't get our top targets for a multitude of reasons.

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Why does everyone care about how much we pay for players now?  Nearly always, the figures getting thrown around on Twitter are made up anyway.  We don't know the budget or how much our shortlist of targets were quoted to us for.  I really don't care if the club spends half a billion pounds on players this window, as long as we stay up and build a stable platform to grow the team upon in the future.  

And the price of a good CB is going up anyway. 

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

Why does everyone care about how much we pay for players now?  Nearly always, the figures getting thrown around on Twitter are made up anyway.  We don't know the budget or how much our shortlist of targets were quoted to us for.  I really don't care if the club spends half a billion pounds on players this window, as long as we stay up and build a stable platform to grow the team upon in the future.  

Think the fact we almost went bust has something to do with it. Not saying we will under these new owners but I’m taking nothing for granted. I think it’s perfectly reasonable for fans to have an interest on how the money the club has is spent. I’d be really concerned for example if we spent half a billion just to “stay up” as it’s reckless spending. 

6 hours ago, KMitch said:

I don’t want us to get fleeced by anyone

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I watch it every week without fail, do you watch it?

Charlie Austin is a championship player at best. Him and Shane Long are bang average and don’t belong in the Premier League IMO.

It’s one of the reasons a striker is the top priority for Southampton in this window. 

We shouldn’t be, and definitely won’t be, looking at Austin and rightly so. He’s the antithesis of Aston Villa under Smith - Old, Injury prone, lazy, no resale value, high wages.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Well you’re true to your word Rob, you threatened the confused emoji and fished it out as promised.

True to my word!

..to the point that I lost the ability to like posts yesterday because of all the confused responses to fish puns!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Charlie Austin is a championship player at best. Him and Shane Long are bang average and don’t belong in the Premier League IMO.

It’s one of the reasons a striker is the top priority for Southampton in this window. 

We shouldn’t be, and definitely won’t be, looking at Austin and rightly so. He’s the antithesis of Aston Villa under Smith - Old, Injury prone, lazy, no resale value, high wages.

Shane Long especially works extremely hard for his team whoever he plays for, I love his attitude to the game, he gives 100% in every match. Austin is more of a natural poacher, give him a chance in a match and he’ll score but he won’t do much else. I agree with you that we probably won’t be looking at either but it doesn’t mean they’re not good strikers for their respective teams. I can’t remember who said it recently but a manager said we won’t even be competing with the likes of Southampton and will have higher aspirations 

• Like 1