Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Maupay would be the ideal signing for me too but he’s not proven in the Premier League, so it would be a risk, who is Edouard? We can’t buy a team of unproven players that have never played in the Premier League, that would be a recipe of disaster 

Edouard is a France U21 striker who plays for Celtic. Looks a very good player, although that is in the SPL.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think they play some really nice football, we could take a few players from them like Redmond, Lemina, Hojberg or Targett

Redmond is a Zulu sign flashing Nose. Are you taking the piss? 6 goals and 4 assists in 38 games last season and was playing up front. Garbage unless you talking about FPL because he was cheap

• Like 2

Signing Austin would be the equivalent of when we signed Richards and Lescott. We just dont need any more players like that. Yes he could score a load of goals for us as I actually think he has a lot of ability. But he also has paper mache for a knee. One knock and hes just draining our wage budget needlessly. We need someone who we can rely on being fit if Wesley gets injured/suspended/struggles for form

Edited by RichiBoi11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Maupay would be the ideal signing for me too but he’s not proven in the Premier League, so it would be a risk, who is Edouard? We can’t buy a team of unproven players that have never played in the Premier League, that would be a recipe of disaster 

Neither should we buy players that have spent more time crocked the last couple of seasons than played, unless his surname is Mings of course. Especially on high wages which imo will be continuing the trend we had under the last regime. Or buying everyone else's cast off's just because they have Prem experience. That reasoning died of death years ago. You don't need Prem experience to cut it, you need quality. The Austin ship sailed years ago. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Edouard is a France U21 striker who plays for Celtic. Looks a very good player, although that is in the SPL.

I don’t get the constant knocking of the SPL. McGinn was at Hibs and is class. 

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think he’s garbage? He’s been injured a lot, I think he’s a quality Premier League striker

On the rare occasions he's not injured, if you're not putting balls on a plate for him, he's doing nothing; he rarely creates or gets involved with build-up play, he struggles to pick out a pass, he's perma-crocked and hasn't really had a decent goal-haul in a top-flight campaign since, what, that QPR season ~5 years ago?  Getting on for 30 so realistically he's not going the be getting any sharper.  Plus the multitude of the Saints fans who I am surrounded by/put up with would be happy to get shot, as in Gardner-for-Jota level of laughing-all-the way-to-the-bank-happy.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Redmond is a Zulu sign flashing Nose. Are you taking the piss? 6 goals and 4 assists in 38 games last season and was playing up front. Garbage unless you talking about FPL because he was cheap

I think he’s one of the best wingers in the league, his balance, first touch and crossing ability are excellent. I first saw him when he was 15 years old for England u16s, he was amazing mans I’ve followed closely since then, I take it that you don’t want Butland then?

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don’t get the constant knocking of the SPL. McGinn was at Hibs and is class. 

It's weird but I always forget that, but only because I have such a low opinion of the SPL.

Think I'm going to start trying to give it a bit more credit.

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he’s one of the best wingers in the league, his balance, first touch and crossing ability are excellent. I first saw him when he was 15 years old for England u16s, he was amazing mans I’ve followed closely since then, I take it that you don’t want Butland then?

I haven't seen Butland flashing a Zulu sign last season. Did he do that? Redmond played striker last season you know right? Terrible returns. Surprised he's only 25 seems like he's been around forever and he's still shite

Just re-read "he's one of the best wingers in the league" 😂😂 

Edited by Kiwivillan

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

First Gardner and now Redmond! Are you closet bluenose or something? ;)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Every league will produce the odd top player. The standard in the league is generally pretty poor.

the Scottish Prem is basically the level of the Championship isnt it?

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We are not buying Austin. 

The exclusive source is Football Insider ie some guy in his mum's basement and they've got Danny Mills for a throwaway quote so all in all complete BS

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

the Scottish Prem is basically the level of the Championship isnt it?

I would argue the Championship is stronger.  One example - I don’t think Scott Sincler would have offered much in the championship but he tore the Scottish Prem apart.