Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Kodjia isn’t good enough for this level in my opinion, we need at least one other proven centre forward to challenge Wesley, someone like Charlie Austin would be perfect 

Would he? He scored 2 PL goals last season. I’d rather gamble. 

• Like 1

QPR, Swansea, Hull and Preston have all enquired about Davis according to the Daily Mirror. He had previously been linked to Rotherham and Sunderland, so if true it's a step up for him from those clubs. I imagine we'll want to bring in another striker as well as Moraes before we let him go though.

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Are they both starting? How are they getting on?

KEA actually looks good in the Moroccan midfield, he’s making some good tackles and passing well. Kodjia has been quite isolated so far, he’s fluffed a bit and had a header in the first min cleared of the line (good defending) but he’s looked lively.

edit: yep they both started.

just another point, Morocco seem to be playing with a three man midfield with wing backs, not sure on the names(?) but KEA has looked good.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Kodjia isn’t good enough for this level in my opinion, we need at least one other proven centre forward to challenge Wesley, someone like Charlie Austin would be perfect 

Gimme Kodjia over Austin any day. Austin is a walking eggshell. No thanks

10 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Right. I'm sorry to do this. But extreme times call for extreme measures.

Anyone who does a fish pun is swiftly being dealt a 'confused' emoji.

Deal with that while you're enjoying your re-re-re-re-recycled fish puns!

So we’re definitely not resigning Gil then?

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Would he? He scored 2 PL goals last season. I’d rather gamble. 

Austin is a proven Premier League goalscorer, granted it was a few years ago now but he has been injured a lot 

34 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Gimme Kodjia over Austin any day. Austin is a walking eggshell. No thanks

To me, Kodjia only looked half bothered at times last season and he has never played in the Premier League, he would be out of his depth in my opinion 

• Thanks 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

To me, Kodjia only looked half bothered at times last season and he has never played in the Premier League, he would be out of his depth in my opinion 

I pretty much think the opposite. I think PL will suit his style, and I can see him putting a bit more effort in now he's out of the Championship. He will have a point to prove, especially if we sign Wesley and (hopefully) Maupay.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, PrimevalVillan said:

Thoughts on a strategy of looking at good players surplus to requirements at CL clubs? Seems like there could be some bargains found there. 

Ah, the famed "West Ham Way". Not a fan.

27 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I pretty much think the opposite. I think PL will suit his style, and I can see him putting a bit more effort in now he's out of the Championship. He will have a point to prove, especially if we sign Wesley and (hopefully) Maupay.

In my opinion, he would be found out in the Premier League, he’s 29 nearly 30 and has never played in The Premier League. I’d much prefer Maupay over Kodjia, Maupay is much younger than Kodjia and will improve over time

29 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Austin's garbage.  If he's the answer then I can't even be arsed to finish this cliché.

Why do you think he’s garbage? He’s been injured a lot, I think he’s a quality Premier League striker