Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, CharlieAitken59 said:

It baffles me that anyone actually cares what we pay for a player!

Its not our money and the new owners wont fall into the same 'financial trap' that the previous owner did!

Spend, spend, spend!

Because of where we ended up last summer ? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

It’s not even the start of July and we’ve sunk as low as talking about Shane Long and Charlie Austin?

Come in guys. You don’t go buying Brazilian strikers from Belgium who are 22 then go and sign the likes of these two.

We are trying to take an approach like Spurs or Leicester, I just don’t see players like that even being part of the conversation.

I've just caught up on the last day's worth of pages and had the same thoughts as this. Why are Austin and Long being mentioned??? Have we gone mad? They are mid-table Championship quality at best. The types of signings we would have made in the Lambert days. Dreadful players who would no doubt be on ridiculous wages and have absolutely no sell on value. I can't actually think of many worse or depressing signings we could make this summer.

Thankfully, I'm 100% confident we will be looking much, much higher than this.

1 hour ago, CharlieAitken59 said:

It baffles me that anyone actually cares what we pay for a player!

Its not our money and the new owners wont fall into the same 'financial trap' that the previous owner did!

Spend, spend, spend!

That is exactly how we got in the shit last time. It matters what we pay because the future sell on value needs to very in our favor. Not like last time round. It matters what we pay in wages so we aren't losing tens of millions every couple of months. Not like last time around.

That said, if a young player who will improve costs a shedload, but in 2 years time will be worth 2 shedloads then yup, spend spend spend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

I've just caught up on the last day's worth of pages and had the same thoughts as this. Why are Austin and Long being mentioned??? Have we gone mad? They are mid-table Championship quality at best. The types of signings we would have made in the Lambert days. Dreadful players who would no doubt be on ridiculous wages and have absolutely no sell on value. I can't actually think of many worse or depressing signings we could make this summer.

Thankfully, I'm 100% confident we will be looking much, much higher than this.

We have a squad and a b team to fill too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Because of where we ended up last summer ? 

Transfer fees aren't really the issue for us, and never really has been. It's always been the crazy wages we've paid that's got us in the shit. Hopefully the new board have their heads screwed on in this regard.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Is he buggery.

£20m+.    Complete and utter madness!!

I think alot of the figures being bandied about is shell shocking alot of us.

Have we just been out of the Big Leagues so long we are not used to seeing these figures being thrown around on what don't seem like "exotic" signings to us?

Or are we just being shafted?

As one poster noted though, I think Deano is building a TEAM which will work like a well oiled machine, not a team of sexy names.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I suggested  Charlie Austin on here when he was at Swindon. Absolutely no chance now he is way past it snd has attitude issues. Would have been worth it at time as would have been a low cost punt.

Shane Long works hard but again no thank you.

more thorough methodical thought process needs to go into the suggestions whoever is suggesting them. Much more serious thorough thought process needs to go into it  You need to look at four corner model a lot more, understand it and weigh up pro’s and con’s and  ask are these two players Austin and Long worth it ? and the answer will be always be a no..

it’s bonkers why anyone would suggest Shane Long or Charlie Austin now maybe around ten years ago then they was at Swindon and Reading. Certainly not now.

Which poster on here in this thread suggested them both ??

... you might still get a tune out of them on FM though?   😁

• Haha 1

Helder Costa who we've been linked to, is about to join Leeds on loan according to John Percy. Although I doubt we were ever actually interested in him.

Edited by useless

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think alot of the figures being bandied about is shell shocking alot of us.

Have we just been out of the Big Leagues so long we are not used to seeing these figures being thrown around on what don't seem like "exotic" signings to us?

Or are we just being shafted?

As one poster noted though, I think Deano is building a TEAM which will work like a well oiled machine, not a team of sexy names.

Kinsey Wolanski is available?