Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I really think we will be in for a few more surprises yet as far as signings go, as the figures banded about for some of the players from the UK are ridiculous. I think Jesus and co will use the continent to bring in the bulk of the signings this summer. We have trust in our coaching staff now, and new found professionalism as a club to ensure foreign signings are given all the help necessary to settle as quickly as possible. Unlike our last season in the Prem which was F****** cowboy s***!

I don't think we should be too concerned regarding experience from these shores. As we already have a several starters, that with 2 or 3 more will then make up the majority of the starting 11. Add Wes and 4 or 5 more from abroad and I think we not far off being good to go. It's then down to coaching which is where the real graft will be this summer/autumn. Getting things to gel quickly will be the tricky part imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

We're linked with Austin every single window. You'd think by now no one would pay attention to it. 

He’s exactly what past managers would have signed from Mon to Bruce. I think that’s why it would be so infuriating if we signed him. 

• Like 1

All those against signing Championship players are right. 

I think we would just sign some highly rated young players from Europe and the French league in particular and play them alongside some older British based players that have had lots of Premier league appearances. 

Thats the way forward...

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we would just sign some highly rated young players from Euopre and the French league  in particular and play them alongside some older British based players that have had lots of Premier league appearances. 

Thats the way forward...

Remi Garde has entered the chat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I would argue the Championship is stronger.  One example - I don’t think Scott Sincler would have offered much in the championship but he tore the Scottish Prem apart. 

He was a class player in the championship, scored 27 goals from the wing the year Swansea got promoted!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

He was a class player in the championship, scored 27 goals from the wing the year Swansea got promoted!!

Yeh that was way before he turned shit and lazy. Which was probably about the time we bought him. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yeh that was way before he turned shit and lazy. That was probably about the time we bought him. 

I thought he was one of our better players, scored 9 goals in 40 odd games. Not one of our bad signings over the last decade

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think you ever lose it

In that case let's sign Maradona, Pele and Ronaldinho

Players definitely lose it and Charlie Austin has definitely lost it

A lot of our players who get lambasted whilst here, go on to do very well for themselves elsewhere. You could probably make a very good team consisting of such players. I think with Smith though with his guiding principle on how the game should be played, we're creating an environment where players can thrive.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I thought he was one of our better players, scored 9 goals in 40 odd games. Not one of our bad signings over the last decade

I think that says more about our signings than about Scott Sinclair. 

He was another one who gave up so easily without a fight the year we went down. 

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think we would just sign some highly rated young players from Europe and the French league in particular and play them alongside some older British based players that have had lots of Premier league appearances. 

Thats the way forward...

I see what you’re doing! But you seem to be forgetting a certain Rudy Gestede!

See, we signed a crap championship player as well as crap, old British Premier League players!

Here's a post on our forum from someone who's actually ITK.

Right, an update on Webster.

Villa are seriously interested and have come back in with a bid much higher than the previous £12m.

The bid is for a total package of around £20m which I understand has been turned down.

They are not a million miles away from our valuation though and having previously thought Webster would stay this summer (especially with Kalas joining) I now think there's a high chance our valuation will eventually be met and there's little chance of him turning down the opportunity to increase his salary three/four-fold and play Prem football. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I see what you’re doing! But you seem to be forgetting a certain Rudy Gestede!

See, we signed a crap championship player as well as crap, old British Premier League players!

What you talking about? Rudy was a star!! 

Spoiler

:lol:

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Sheesh thats alot of money.

Without biased Bristol hat on, would you say he was worth anything like that mate?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If this is true then it wouldn’t surprise me if Webster handed in a transfer request. You can’t stop a young lad playing in the Premier League when the club that wants him are also offering ridiculous money.