Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

as i said in the Targett thread, i would assume this is a Deano identified target, so if thats true, i kinda trust Deano to have identified the right type of player for us, and how he wants the team to play, so in Deano i trust tbh.

If Smith wants to spend 14m with add-ons on Targett, give him the readies! :P

• Like 1

It's only a crazy price in the sense that all transfer fees in the Premier League are crazy. We were never going to get Matt Targett for much less than the reported £14m, you won't find many players with Premier league experience for less. The more I think about it, the more I think that fourteen million is actually quite cheap, especially when you see some of the figures being talked about for some of these championship players we've been linked to, who are less proven than Targett and have no Premier league experience.

• Like 1

It seems like a lot of money for a left back and prior to Neymar breaking football it would have been. But in the current market I think it's a fair price for a 23 year old English player with premier league experience and the potential to grow. Look how his form improved when he was first choice at Fulham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Comments are true. Pace is not an attribute. I liked him as a signing in Championship. Not so sure for that money.

And yes I think most of Championship players we've been linked with are worth extra

Yep, few Saints fan rate his passing and delivery and energy but question his pace. Hopefully he will have good positional awareness to help counteract this. TBH if he was rapid, probably be out of our reach. 

Is he a fantastic player? No. Is he a decent PL left back, an upgrade on what we have and suited to the Smith style? He’ll do for me. 

well apparently Gareth wants him to get regular first team football as they see him as a potential England player in the seniors, not sure if that means a starter or squad player. He's played at all levels (even Scotland U19s before switching allegiance).

Edited by VillanousOne

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

From what I can see we have a clear strategy to buy young, english based players with potential upside that can form the core of our side whilst we establish ourselves as a premier league club. You can add the flair and the more riskier signings around that. The key is that the players you buy fit the system and the way you want to play. On top of that you want players with the right mentality to succeed. 

Seems like this guy would fit that brief, And if the 16 million to Southampton talk is correct it seems to be an absolute bargain compared to some of the prices being quoted for Bristol City defenders

q24zdCq.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota

That sickens me.

Hopefully this nudges it off the page.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

That sickens me.

Hopefully this nudges it off the page.

Thought I'd lend a hand

• Like 2