Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

It’s not even the start of July and we’ve sunk as low as talking about Shane Long and Charlie Austin?

Come in guys. You don’t go buying Brazilian strikers from Belgium who are 22 then go and sign the likes of these two.

We are trying to take an approach like Spurs or Leicester, I just don’t see players like that even being part of the conversation.

Morning Trent, with the Forest issues this week, would we have any interest in Lolley do you think and would Forest entertain a sale?   Personally, I would take him for 15m or less if it were possible.  Presume Lolley would jump to us like a shot. 

30 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage... Why do you like this word so much?

His record for Southampton is like 1 goal every 5 or so games, yes, utter garbage.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

It’s not even the start of July and we’ve sunk as low as talking about Shane Long and Charlie Austin?

Come in guys. You don’t go buying Brazilian strikers from Belgium who are 22 then go and sign the likes of these two.

We are trying to take an approach like Spurs or Leicester, I just don’t see players like that even being part of the conversation.

Spot on, almost as irritating as everyone's obsession with Championship players. We're surely casting the net far wider than Championship players and premier league no hopers.

1 hour ago, Milfner said:

Seems a little steep, but 🤷🏻‍♂️

Good solid signing at a reasonable price for a 23yr old with Prem experience. Excellent deal when you consider Arsenal are looking to spend 15-20M on Tierney...(corrected)

Edited by eholm

14 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Not much last season, but the year he was on loan at Fulham he was a big part of their amazing run. Seemed to have good delivery. 

Thanks.

Hmmmm, seems to be a little trend developing with our 'Targetts' that all of them are the best players in the championship.. Targett had a wonderful season before Injury, Butland had a wonderful season before Injury... Webster was solid in a display against such and such, Phillips is Leeds best player...   this is all well and good.

But to be rumoured to be blowing £20m a piece on avg. on 4 unproven premier league players shall we say is a little bit concerning imo.

I don't buy this "£10m is the New £20m" talk.  Maybe that is the case, but I still think that money could be used elsewhere than those four, imo.

I just hope a few more 'better arrivals' will follow.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

14 minutes ago, eholm said:

Good solid signing at a reasonable price for a 23yr old with Prem experience. Excellent deal when you consider Arsenal are looking to spend 15-20M on Tavernier.....

Tavernier will be a good signing but I never thought of him as Arsenal level. 

16 minutes ago, eholm said:

Good solid signing at a reasonable price for a 23yr old with Prem experience. Excellent deal when you consider Arsenal are looking to spend 15-20M on Tavernier.....

Isn’t it Tierney they’re in for? The Celtic left back?

26 minutes ago, eholm said:

Comments are true. Pace is not an attribute. I liked him as a signing in Championship. Not so sure for that money.

And yes I think most of Championship players we've been linked with are worth extra

Edited by Kiwivillan

Would of thought that Jordan Lukaku on a loan to buy arrangement may have been a good shout . Time will tell will Targett have slight concerns but I’m sure they see a player who can be improved and he isn't Hutton or Taylor which is a bonus. 

46 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Spot on, almost as irritating as everyone's obsession with Championship players. We're surely casting the net far wider than Championship players and premier league no hopers.

I’ve said numerous times you don’t hire a guy like Suso and only shop in the Championship. However as Leicester in particular have shown in recent years there are some very good players to be found in the Championship and we should absolutely be looking at that market as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milfner said:

Seems a little steep, but 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can’t help but question why Southampton are letting him go. Maybe he wishes to leave for first team first football?

Hes young, English, has both championship and Premier league experience. Seems a bit pricey but I guess that’s what you pay for young talent these days. 

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I’ve said numerous times you don’t hire a guy like Suso and only shop in the Championship. However as Leicester in particular have shown in recent years there are some very good players to be found in the Championship and we should absolutely be looking at that market as well.

Very true Trent.

Hopefully the excitement continues.

Can't imagine Villa are thrilled about that price getting out.

I would not sell Mings for less than £25m if I was Bournemouth chairman. Keep him as bench player if we don't pay up.

• Sad 1

£14m for Targett really isn't all that excessive, and if anything it should drive the price of Mings down, rather than up, Targett is younger than Mings has more Premier League experience, is less injury prone, and was just as important to Fulham when they went up as Mings was to us, so no way can Bournemouth use this as an excuse to ask more for Mings, if anything it should be the opposite.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

£14m for Targett really isn't all that excessive, and if anything it should drive the price of Mings down, rather than up, Targett is younger than Mings, has more Premier League experience, and was just as important to Fulham when they went up as Mings was to us, so no way can Bournemouth use this as an excuse to ask more for Mings, if anything it should be the opposite.

I disagree with every syllable of this now I've removed the injury bit.

It's a crazy price.

Does show we're absolutely loaded though, which is nice.