Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

18 minutes ago, PrimevalVillan said:

Thoughts on a strategy of looking at good players surplus to requirements at CL clubs? Seems like there could be some bargains found there. 

Focus on youth. Dortmund got Sancho from Man City for 8M cause he didn’t see a way into the first team. Chelsea let a young Lukaku go, and Salah, and De Bruyne. Hopefully it’s our path to securing Tuanzebe. I also think it’s our strategy re: Ampadu, who was supposed to get some run in their first team last year only to spend most of it on the sidelines. Their transfer ban and new staff likely makes it more difficult, but it can’t hurt to enquire. I don’t think we’d be in for a straight loan.

• Like 2

We should try get George Puscas from Palermo.Has been great for Romania Under 21 in the Euros so far.Think he could be a good back up and will probably be cheap enough considering Palermo are going to be demoted to Serie D due to financial problems.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

So really it's a whole load of nothingness transfer-wise at the mo!?

Hopefully it'll speed up when we hit July

tired the simpsons GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I suspect there's a whole load of a lot going on transfer wise atm. 

The Wesley link only came an hour or so before the club announced it themselves so if we do more deals in this fashion then there could be plenty that show up out of nowhere. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a natural born goalscorer, in my opinion, he’d thrive in this team

He scored less goals than Shane Long last season, natural goalscorer in the lower leagues maybe

33 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a natural born goalscorer, in my opinion, he’d thrive in this team

It would be a lot to fork out for a proven inconsistent striker with a history of pretty bad injuries. I would hope that we are moving away from this sort of signing now. Maupay or Edouard for me.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

It would be a lot to fork out for a proven inconsistent striker with a history of pretty bad injuries. I would hope that we are moving away from this sort of signing now. Maupay or Edouard for me.

Maupay would be the ideal signing for me too but he’s not proven in the Premier League, so it would be a risk, who is Edouard? We can’t buy a team of unproven players that have never played in the Premier League, that would be a recipe of disaster 

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Maupay would be the ideal signing for me too but he’s not proven in the Premier League, so it would be a risk, who is Edouard? We can’t buy a team of unproven players that have never played in the Premier League, that would be a recipe of disaster 

What’s making you proven in the premier league?

Also how many players do Wolves have that had played in the Premier League before when they got promoted?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s making you proven in the premier league?

thats pretty obvious mate. :)

1) be a crappy player

2) get lucky and be either a) promoted with a team, or b) luckily get singed by a Prem side.

3) earn 30-50k a week sitting on the bench 75% of the time when your club realise you are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

4) Score a couple of goals a season to get the tag "out and out goalscorer".

5) become a Prem  journey man by joining any club that is fooled in to taking you.

6) rinse/repeat point 5 until you are finally rumbled.

Edited by MaVilla

On 06/06/2019 at 11:06, HeyAnty said:

Probably of little relevance but from an Angers forum tweet this morning.  (Translated from French so not perfect English.)

Baptiste Santamaria has serious touches on the side of Fiorentina, Aston Villa and West Ham. If a sale was made, it could oscillate between 6 and 8M €. Still the cases Jeff, already seriously solicited, and Tait who pleases in Lyon and Bordeaux. (The team)

Remember posting this at start of June.  Might be a bit of truth in in, or Villa’s scouting network is Villa Talk