Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not keen on Maupay. I'm not sure he'd suit us and..well, I just don't like him.

I really dislike him, but I think he would suit the Prem really well. He's one of those players who you hate unless they are in your team.

• Like 2

Just now, PieFacE said:

I really dislike him, but I think he would suit the Prem really well. He's one of those players who you hate unless they are in your team.

Hogan also looked the S**t at Brentford......

Granted Maupay is a different player, but still........Hogan....looked ace.....at Brentford.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Hogan also looked the S**t at Brentford......

Granted Maupay is a different player, but still........Hogan....looked ace.....at Brentford.

Yep. As you say, completely different players. Maupay has far more in his locker imo. 

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s making you proven in the premier league?

Also how many players do Wolves have that had played in the Premier League before when they got promoted?

A few consecutive seasons of playing in the Premier League

John Ruddy, Ryan Bennett

Just now, PieFacE said:

Yep. As you say, completely different players. Maupay has far more in his locker imo. 

i think the only prob is, with spending 22m on Wesley, and to fill out the rest of the team/squad will prob cost another 100m alone, i just dont see us spending 20m on a second striker.

Maybe next season if we stay up, but right now i just cant see how we would spend 40m+ on 2 strikers when we play one up top when we need so many other positions purchasing.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i think the only prob is, with spending 22m on Wesley, and to fill out the rest of the team/squad will prob cost another 100m alone, i just dont see us spending 20m on a second striker.

Maybe next season if we stay up, but right now i just cant see how we would spend 40m+ on 2 strikers when we play one up top when we need so many other positions purchasing.

The solution to that is simple, just spend £300m :lol:

• Like 1

I don't think we particulary need Premier league experience, but we are going to need players who've played at an higher level than second tier football, and to be fair of the players we've signed El Ghazi, Moraes, and Guilbert all have that, the first two have also played in the Champions League.

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a natural born goalscorer, in my opinion, he’d thrive in this team

Couldn't hardly get a game at Southampton last season and they're rubbish. Damaged goods now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

Austin WAS a quality striker. Now, he seems like an expensive reserve that's lost that killer instinct. 

Exactly this.

We have passed signing journey men on long contracts and extortionate wages.

Charlie Austin last season maybe, not now though. Our sights are higher.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Couldn't hardly get a game at Southampton last season and they're rubbish. Damaged goods now 

I think they play some really nice football, we could take a few players from them like Redmond, Lemina, Hojberg or Targett