Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What is our ratio of linked prem players vs linked championship players and where are our exciting Spanish links from Suso ? As every player in the championship is worth £20 mill plus ...surely better value can be found in the prem you know the division we now grace once more...clickbaitlazyjerknalists 

Much rather be linked to the cream of the crop young Championship players than the typical out of favour Prem castoff links.

Can't think of any attainable striker I'd sign from the PL over Maupay for example. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Also am I the only person who doesn't rate Maupay?

Just reminds me of a Scott Hogan MKII. 

Coming from someone who actually likes Hogan.

Surely you've got to be sh*tting me?

I'd say the height is probably where the similarities end.

Maupay is better than him in literally every department.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

...fully aware of what he has in Bristol and where City could go with him as defensive fulcrum.

Sty Andrews? Luton? Stoke on a wet Wednesday night.   :crylaugh:

Come on, Bristol, £12m for a club of your size for any player is a lottery win. Stop with the unnecessary obduracy, it's making you look like you've got small man syndrome.

:trollface:

• Haha 3

It was sky who originally reported that we've bid for Webster, so going by that we might not even be interested in him, but if we are I think we'll get him for around £15m with a few add ons maybe. Even Bristol City fans think that the figures being talked about in the media are ridiculous, if they can make triple on what they paid for him then it would be an excellent deal for them.

19 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Much rather be linked to the cream of the crop young Championship players than the typical out of favour Prem castoff links.

Can't think of any attainable striker I'd sign from the PL over Maupay for example. 

Was just interested not be bemoaning .... 

Just now, villarocker said:

I have it on good authority that we will be signing at least 6 players before the start of the season. My source, Gut Feelingmyson - I think he's possibly Scandinavian? 

I hope your source is right

16 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

So apart from Ireland for Milner, Ayew for Taylor, Adomah for Traore and Jota for Gardner...

What have player swaps ever done for us?!

Soooo... 4 in, what, 9 years? Positively rampant.

My point is it's practically a go-to type of speculative transfer article for lazy journos that, in reality doesn't tend to happen all that often.

If we're talking about what they've actually done for us in terms of good/bad deals, I'd have 2 of the above as the stuff of nightmares, 1 I'd say we got the better deal out of and Jota is a TBC for all intents and purposes

2 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Soooo... 4 in, what, 9 years? Positively rampant.

My point is it's practically a go-to type of speculative transfer article for lazy journos that, in reality doesn't tend to happen all that often.

If we're talking about what they've actually done for us in terms of good/bad deals, I'd have 2 of the above as the stuff of nightmares, 1 I'd say we got the better deal out of and Jota is a TBC for all intents and purposes

Which one did we get the better deal out of?

56 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Also am I the only person who doesn't rate Maupay?

Just reminds me of a Scott Hogan MKII. 

To be fair Hogan looked class at Brentford for one season.