Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

6 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

They are top Championship players for sure. Add Bowen and Benrahma to the list too. I'd absolutely take them if we were still in the Champ. Are they gonna struggle in the Prem? I don't know, but many players who've shone in the Champ have struggled in the Prem, Lolley included when at Huddersfield. Unless they're 18,19,20 and far too good for the league (think Alli, Sessegnon, Sigurdsson), you never know if they can step up and more often than not they don't. Even Sessegnon struggled at a poor Fulham team but I've no doubt he'll play at a top level in future. 

Have a feeling Benrahma could be a good move but once again Brentford want silly money for him.

Both signings from foreign leagues and the Champ are risks, but we seem to be being asked to pay silly prices for Champ players. That's why we must cast the net wider. El Ghazi was an exceptional find and that's the sort of talent we should be looking to find in Europe for the positions we need to fill.

I wouldn't call it silly money, we have to see it as what they are worth to there club, the work they have done for them and could continue too do if they keep them. When we were going to make any premier club kick up 40 mill for Grealish who was in the same league, we really set the barrier on that, twenty million, I'm very surprised they arnt asking more.

Where Some of these players may have struggled before, you can never tell if it was to soon and a return now matured will heals better results. Like Maupay if he has the delivery from the right team, he may very well excell for us.

I understand that some people are concerned over a price tag of 20mill+ champ player as being a risk, I guess we have to trust those who are making the signings to do there best to sign these stars and pray they all work out.

I have no problem seeing us spend big on championship players if they can return what was spent on them in seasons to come.

If  bringing in some players from a league down at 20 mill a pop yields the results we need to stay premier, then bring it on, that's all I'm bothered about. If it doesn't work out and we will of created an excellent championship squad for next season to challenge for promotion again.

It's all risky business each signing is anyway, there's never a guarentee a player is going to work out, we just have to keep the faith and trust the three amigo's. 

Edited by Dave-R

4 hours ago, useless said:

It was sky who originally reported that we've bid for Webster, so going by that we might not even be interested in him, but if we are I think we'll get him for around £15m with a few add ons maybe. Even Bristol City fans think that the figures being talked about in the media are ridiculous, if they can make triple on what they paid for him then it would be an excellent deal for them.

Nope it was Alan Nixon about 1 week before hand. Sky sports just got the publicity 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Me to my dad many many years ago:-

"That no 7 is the best isnt he dad "

Ray Graydon could beat 3 men and sprint 30 yards, the problem is it was always side ways! He was great for us though. I remember his saved penalty that he scored on the rebound to win us the League Cup in 1975 on my birthday. I was in the Norwich end, long story, with my Mom and Dad. Mom had no interest in football, but insisted on coming as it was my birthday. Dad knew not to argue! 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Ive said before - get chester a titanium knee - hed be as good as gold - and save us loads on these 20m one season wonders. 

Or just sign terminator and Robocop.

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Ray Grayson could beat 3 men and sprint 30 yards, the problem is it was always side ways! He was great for us though. I remember his saved penalty that he scored on the rebound to win us the League Cup in 1975 on my birthday. I was in the Norwich end, long story, with my Mom and Dad. Mom had no interest in football, but insisted on coming as it was my birthday. Dad knew not to argue! 

Ray Grayson ?????? 

How dare you misspell one of our great heroes names. Consider yourself told off. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ive said before - get chester a titanium knee - hed be as good as gold - and save us loads on these 20m one season wonders. 

Really don't rate Chester, especially in the premiership.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Really don't rate Chester, especially in the premiership.

Me neither. Remember him in PL for Hull and Baggies. I can't believe his defensive lapses last season were just down to injury as he was prone to them before

24 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Chester was arguably our best player the season we lost to Fulham in the playoff final.  He was pouring from an empty cup last year. Easy to forget how good he was though. One of our better signings in recent years .

Yes great signing for Championship and I thought playing next to Terry helped a lot

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he had 2 good seasons. Hogan had half a good season. 

I see where you’re coming from though. He would be a big risk at 20 million. I don’t think we are signing him anyway. I think we will sign Benramha who although has also only had one season, just oozes class.

He would be no risk at all, and worth every penny of this imaginary sum, and you can't even compare him with Hogan, Maupay has so much more to his game, mainly skill & passion, something neither Hogan had or desired to have, and you are right about Benramha, he does ooze class in every department, I know he's only had one season but he was getting better and better each game, in my opinion, he's the better player of the two, and I think we will do everything we can to hold on to them both, the powers to be at Brentford have not once quoted any price for either of them, or for that matter any other player, all they have ever stated is "it will take a large bid for us to sell them", What constitutes a large bid, and where do you start?, so all prices quoted are pure guess work and speculation by click bait and lazy journalists and should be ignored.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Ray Grayson ?????? 

How dare you misspell one of our great heroes names. Consider yourself told off. 

shut that door !!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Ray Graydon could beat 3 men and sprint 30 yards, the problem is it was always side ways! He was great for us though. I remember his saved penalty that he scored on the rebound to win us the League Cup in 1975 on my birthday. I was in the Norwich end, long story, with my Mom and Dad. Mom had no interest in football, but insisted on coming as it was my birthday. Dad knew not to argue! 

Sirrah - withdraw that disgusting slur at once ! At once, I say !

Agree - the most underrated winger we ever had. Great to watch

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HolteExile said:

It's incredibly one-eyed.  And reads more like a folksy blog with barnyard overtones than a newspaper article.

But compare and contrast their obvious support for the biggest club in their region with the shite stirring we have to put up with from the Mail if we go three games without a win. 

I've read that same article in more than one place - probably doing the rounds of Trinity Group newspapers. 

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I've just spoke to #StevoITK and the answer is yes... Or no.

It depends on a number of factors which should be sorted over the coming days. Unless they're not.

A tour-de-force of a reply. Bravo