Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, Wes said:

le10sport's article does not refer to Villa at all. Rongier's main link appears to be with Marseilles at the moment, who are looking at a couple of midfield options. They do refer back to an older article thinking he could be purchased for around £13.5m (which I think we knew already).

Marseille are having to sell to cover FFP (Think I read 50M euros worth of players), so I don't think they'll be buying anyone atm.

Edited by Hitzlsperger_12

48 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I wasn't bragging...

I didn't even say our goalkeepers performance against you was good, which would kind of be a prerequisite for bragging about his performance.

It was widely said on here at the time how well O'Leary had played.

So in response to a question about how Butland had played I gave a comparable performance to what I had seen from Butland.

Honestly, there's a few of you who seem to try an antagonise and then are confused as to why people hold resentment.

Can't we at least agree that Lee Johnson is a monumental bellend.

Can we at least agree on that?
Give me something. Please.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

What % is today's possible signing at good sir??? :)

32 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Weinman was a yard or two offside and your defender attacked Connor with an axe. It was a game we could and should of won by 6 or 7 clear goals. Stop holding back this lads dreams and career and hand him over. Be grateful that one of your ex players will be holding up trophy after trophy over the next few years. 

Oh and change your name to JimmyBristol, or something like that, nothing good ever came of those awful initials!

There Jim, are you sufficiently antagonised? 😎

*Silently fumes*

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Mazrim said:

What's exceptional about this Webster kid anyway? I dont really recall noticing him much. Not saying he isnt good but is he really what we need? PL ready?

I agree and feel that if we are 'planning to do a Wolves' next season these types of players are not the answer. Webster is also extremely expensive for someone who has had one decent season in the Championship, much like Phillips.

The only player we've been linked with from the Championship so far that has filled me with confidence is Butland. Other than that I'd rather we continue scouting the Dutch, Belgian and French leagues and try to sign more Wesleys. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I agree and feel that if we are 'planning to do a Wolves' next season these types of players are not the answer. Webster is also extremely expensive for someone who has had one decent season in the Championship, much like Phillips.

The only player we've been linked with from the Championship so far that has filled me with confidence is Butland. Other than that I'd rather we continue scouting the Dutch, Belgian and French leagues and try to sign more Wesleys. 

I'm with you there. Although, I trust Smith and I'm sure that anyone he brings in will have been scouted thoroughly, it's just the 'value' of Championship players that bugs me.

Instead of looking at a player who's probably had 1-2 good seasons in the Championship, and paying around £20m for them, because of the British/ Championship 'You're Villa so we'll ask for double' premium, there are options like El Ghazi, that you can get for a snip.

Prior to coming to us, El Ghazi made 70 appearances for Ajax and 39 for Lille, playing in the Champions League and scoring against Barca.

A risk? Yes.

Proven ability at a higher level? Arguably, Yes.

Cheaper? Hell YES.

I think some of these Championship links will happen, even if it's just 2 or 3, including Jota, but I'm hoping that we end up with much more of a mix. I trust that Suso and the lads are scouting the whole World.

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Only if we find value. If we are spending the same amount on a player from those leagues you just mentioned I’d sooner we signed Webster who is regarded as one the best defenders in the Championship. 

Also Wolves defence last season had 3 players out of 5 that came from lower leagues.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's far too miniscule to be a monumental anything. I would say he is a sour little Berkshire Hunt.

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

He's far too miniscule to be a monumental anything. I would say he is a sour little Berkshire Hunt.

He’s an idiot. 2 seasons in a row he’s tried to be a hero and win a cup which has led to ridiculous number of games in a short space of time costing them the playoffs.

Then he moans about injuries and number of games. Now he has another 4 years to continue making the same mistakes! 

I certainly think that some of the players we've been linked with such as Webster or Benrahma would be great signings if we could get them in, but for the fees being touted I'd be amazed if Suso hasn't got alternatives from the continent to consider as well. My only concern with foreign signings is their time to adapt. We just need to get these guys in with enough time to settle in to English football if we do bring more players in like Wesley. You don't want the core of the team just getting into their stride when we are halfway through the season.

Numerous people listing attitude as one of Trossard's best attributes. Shame as it's a position we definitely need padding out. Hopefully he's not one who'll be off for £70m in one year time.

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Only if we find value. If we are spending the same amount on a player from those leagues you just mentioned I’d sooner we signed Webster who is regarded as one the best defenders in the Championship. 

Also Wolves defence last season had 3 players out of 5 that came from lower leagues.

This. It really doesn't matter which league they're in if our staff all agree that they can do the business for us. Bargains are sometimes there to be had but always come with a greater risk and if we don't need to take risks, then we shouldn't. 

• Like 1