Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Bristol City fans' obsession with us has to be one of the weirdest things in football. Literally who?

Same. 

Small club with a gobby manager "the gas bags" or whatever they call themselves  reminds me a bit of Blackpool if anyone remembers that "rivalry"? No thought not.

The same site is reporting that City have just sealed a deal for Chelsea's 26 year old Kallas who was on loan as Webster's CB partner last season. They also have Nathan Baker and Bailey Wright as CB's.

I guess Webster is keen to move to the Premier League so this could happen soon.

11 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

"the gas bags" or whatever they call themselves  reminds me a bit of Blackpool if anyone remembers that "rivalry"? No thought not.

You're thinking of the other lot down the road.  And funny you should mention Blackpool.

Off topic I realise, but I'm never one to miss out on some top pedantry.

• Haha 1

Haha, "He's a smart lad", written in the article copy. What a weird piece of work.

They must be jealous looking round seeing the likes of Grealish and Phillips commit themselves to their hometown club. So they put pressure on current players to do the same.

Just as a comparison of price and quality, just been reading that Roma are after Bartra from Betis. They are talking about it being a loan with an option for €20m, but Betis want the option to be €25m. €20m is about £18m at the mo. No guarantee h'd be good in the Premier League but it does make you think a bit about the sums being asked for Championship players.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This Kalinic + cash for Rongier link is very promising. Could mean we might be unveiling Rongier and Butland together, signed for a combined 30m. Not bad at all.

Any truth in the rongier story though?

2 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

How many player + cash deals actually happen? There's always tonnes of touted deals over the summer but they so rarely seem to take place.

Milner was one.....we got a great deal on that, the country of Ireland was part of the deal.

Wait.....nope, was a crappy player called Ireland......we got sold a pup there :P

• Haha 1

What is our ratio of linked prem players vs linked championship players and where are our exciting Spanish links from Suso ? As every player in the championship is worth £20 mill plus ...surely better value can be found in the prem you know the division we now grace once more...clickbaitlazyjerknalists 

Edited by thabucks

46 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I'm fuming at the news that the council only cuts the grass once a year.

I can't believe the council haven't offered that long grass site to the pikeys for a pitch. The caravans, 4x4s and running ragamuffins will have that tamped down in no time so there'll be no need to cut it. Might even flush out missing Sarah when they move them there.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

How many player + cash deals actually happen? There's always tonnes of touted deals over the summer but they so rarely seem to take place.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Milner was one.....we got a great deal on that, the country of Ireland was part of the deal.

Wait.....nope, was a crappy player called Ireland......we got sold a pup there :P

Jota/Gardner?! So fairly recently!!!

Admittedly they are rare though.

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What is our ratio of linked prem players vs linked championship players and where are our exciting Spanish links from Suso ? As every player in the championship is worth £20 mill plus ...surely better value can be found in the prem you know the division we now grace once more...clickbaitlazyjerknalists 

Suso out. 

My favourite part of that Webster story - if you have to write it, you know its over -

As it stands there is absolutely nothing to indicate Webster is unhappy or considering a transfer away. He is a smart lad and fully aware of what he has in Bristol and where City could go with him as defensive fulcrum.