Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Like the look of Genk wing-back Joakim Mæhle. Playing well for the Denmark U21's and doesn't seem afraid to get forward. Also looks comfortable playing LWB as well.

Can we just have half of the Genk team and half of Brentford?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Mings was a left-back at Ipswich, it was his performances in that position that prompted Bournemouth to pay £8m for him. Even now he's played more as a left-back than a central defender in his career. It's only really with us that he's excelled as a centre-back.

This. We all loved Mings last year, but is he really worth 15m plus? Bournemouth brought him for 8m from the championship, they obviously didn’t think he was good enough for the premier league so shipped him out and yes he the did brilliantly for us but only again in the championship! Put his injury problems on top of this I just don’t see how or why we should play double what Bournemouth did just because he had a awesome 4 months in the championship  with us.

Edited by Hobbit Feet
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

This. We all loved Mings last year, but is he really worth 15m plus? Bournemouth brought him for 8m from the championship, they obviously didn’t think he was good enough for the premier league so shipped him out and yes he the did brilliantly for us but only again in the championship! Put his injury problems on top of this I just don’t see how or why we should play double what Bournemouth did just because he had a awesome 4 months in the championship  with us.

Yes, he really is worth £15m. In 12 months time, he will be worth double that. Hopefully Bournemouth will continue to doubt him and let him join us, as he and 99.9% of Villa fans want.

• Like 1

I was expecting a new signing every couple of days. Looks like nothing will happen until July now, which means the last month of the window is going to be really frantic.

1 hour ago, Hobbit Feet said:

They have just paid £12m for Mepham and £13m for Lloyd Kelly - two players that they want and who have no injury track record.  Don't see how they can expect to get more than those amounts for a player that they do not want!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, useless said:

I was expecting a new signing every couple of days. Looks like nothing will happen until July now, which means the last month of the window is going to be really frantic.

I hope not, USA tour starts in mid July and we need 6 or more players before then???

Don't panic!!!

stressed the big bang theory GIF

15 minutes ago, useless said:

Could be multiple signings tomorrow for all we know. 

Villa fans:

May - Mings is a God, good enough for England, loves the Villa sign him up 

June - ah well he’s overrated anyway, not paying £20M for him and he loves his interior design business in Bournemouth (all because he hasn’t yet signed)

July - ?

2 hours ago, useless said:

Kongolo is a Dutch international and has played in the Premier League, Ligue 1,  Eredivisie, the Europa league, and the Champions League. So not sure if we can say Webster is better than him. or even Tuanzebe.

He played in a team last season that conceded average 2 goals a game