Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I’ve got a question.

I’m not saying it would happen in a million years, but how much would it cost to buy Brentford?

As a club, are they worth much more than the £80m it would apparently cost to buy 4 of their players?

I always wondered this. How is a football club worth £60-80 million if the players alone are worth more then that? 

Can someone please explain? 

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I always wondered this. How is a football club worth £60-80 million if the players alone are worth more then that? 

Can someone please explain? 

Presumably the value of these players would be added to the value of a club, but that’s mad isn’t it?

Are we to think that Brentford are now worth the same amount as a small Premier League club, because they’ve bought a bucketload of £3m players and turned them into a dream team of £20m stars? 🤷🏻‍♂️

If, like Hogan, those players turn out to be flops that can’t be sold for £3m, does that mean that Brentford FC’s value is somewhere between £50m-£250m, allowing for floppage.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Something I've always thought about, but a bit weirder. If I'm a multi millionaire, can I buy a footballer?

Like if i put in a £5 mil bid for Neil Taylor e.g and offered to double his wages, could he come and play for me at my house?

McCormack would.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Something I've always thought about, but a bit weirder. If I'm a multi millionaire, can I buy a footballer?

Like if i put in a £5 mil bid for Neil Taylor e.g and offered to double his wages, could he come and play for me at my house?

You jest but this does happen in South America. Think Tevrz/Maschersno had it when they came to England 

53 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Multiple ownership of clubs in the same country is against the rules isn’t it ?

You are correct, but there is nothing to stop you owning one here and one in Scandinavia for instance.

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

Multiple ownership of clubs in the same country is against the rules isn’t it ?

Simple solution, Buy up Xias remaining shares, Get him to buy brentford with the money & sell all their players to us for £1 & Scott Hogan :)

Edited by LakotaDakota

13 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Simple solution, Buy up Xias remaining shares, Get him to buy brentford with the money & sell all their players to us for £1 & Scott Hogan :)

Reminds me of that cheat for Championship Manager 95/96, which I never used... obviously...