Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is Bednarek any good? 

Yes, but he is young and inexperienced. Only half a good season at Southampton. He is a solid starter for Poland.

Unlikely he will come to Villa, he has a very good relationship with the Saints coaches and has only been in the UK for 1 season.

If we can - sign him up.

But it's unlikely. 

**Sorry, 2 years. But he has only featured as a proper starter as of December 2018. 

Edited by Mic09

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I would expect that. He has been at the club most of his life. If it doesnt work out for him though, he knows Villa and is wanted here I think.

I don't see him being a first team regular there. I hope he doesn't do a Bosnich and tie himself to Manchester United, when he is a fan's favourite, is wanted by and can have a terrific long term future here. 

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Cute GF anyway

Bildresultat för julia nowak instagram

I don't think I've seen a model with quite such a vacant gormless look in her eyes before. I'm sure it's the editing, but it doesn't look like there's much behind the eyes. Cue retorts of why are you looking at her eyes

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is Bednarek any good? 

I had Bednarek in my fantasy league team last season because he was the cheapest ever present CB in the league.

Southampton only kept half a dozen clean sheets last season, and Bednarek didn't score any goals from set pieces etc so he was a poor choice for me 😁.

He's loud, athletic, strong, aggressive and very defensive. He plays as deepest man in Hasenhuttl's system.

I don't think his manager will want to sell him.

17 minutes ago, jonjon said:

The owner has pumped in over £120 million of his own money over the years, so he would want all that back for starters, but its not going to happen.

I know prices have changed in the last 3 years, but Randy Lerner put in an awful lot more than £120m and he got about 65p for Villa when he sold it.

You also didn’t need to add the bolded bit. Unless you’re considering whether we could buy your club after the million years that I mentioned in my post? :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I know prices have changed in the last 3 years, but Randy Lerner put in an awful lot more than £120m and he got about 65p for Villa when he sold it.

You also didn’t need to add the bolded bit. Unless you’re considering whether we could buy your club after the million years that I mentioned in my post? :rolleyes:

To be fair he has just inherited nearly £40m or so thanks to our promotion, I read a month or so back.

He has at least broke even or better but not much.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

19 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Something I've always thought about, but a bit weirder. If I'm a multi millionaire, can I buy a footballer?

Like if i put in a £5 mil bid for Neil Taylor e.g and offered to double his wages, could he come and play for me at my house?

If you put in a £5 mil bid for Taylor you'll probably end up in a 'very different' kind of house!

You can fill in the blanks N*T

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

The problem with the Championship players is that you end up overpaying massively due to that player being the clubs best player.

It's a bit like Grealish, last season he wasn't really worth £35 million in the transfer market, but his value to Aston Villa was worth £35 million plus due to his importance for the team.

Maupay isn't a £20 million striker, but his importance to Brentford make his value much higher than it realistically is.

I take your point. In the case of Jack our price may have been £35m, but had Levy have bid £25m the deal might have happened. Fortunately, he was looking to buy him for way below his market worth and to take advantage of our then financial situation.   

In the case of Maupey, Lolley, Reach and Bowen for example, their club may well ask for around £20m for them. They might nevertheless be prepared to accept in the region of £15m, or be prepared to negotiate a price between £15m and £20m. It is up to us to determine how much each player is worth to us and if the selling club won't accept that, to move on to someone else and to a club that might be more flexible. It could be that we are doing just this at the moment. 

• Like 3

Just now, John said:

I take your point. In the case of Jack our price may have been £35m, but had Levy have bid £25m the deal might have happened. Fortunately, he was looking to buy him for way below his market worth and to take advantage of our then financial situation.   

In the case of Maupey, Lolley, Reach and Bowen for example, their club may well ask for around £20m for them. They might nevertheless be prepared to accept in the region of £15m, or be prepared to negotiate a price between £15m and £20m. It is up to us to determine how much each player is worth to us and if the selling club won't accept that, to move on to someone else and to a club that might be more flexible. It could be that we are doing just this at the moment. 

Exactly John.

We are no longer a club that will have it's pants pulled down or be held to random cause of our wealth.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Something I've always thought about, but a bit weirder. If I'm a multi millionaire, can I buy a footballer?

Like if i put in a £5 mil bid for Neil Taylor e.g and offered to double his wages, could he come and play for me at my house?

Every man has his price!

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Exactly John.

We are no longer a club that will have it's pants pulled down or be held to random cause of our wealth.

Not in the cold, anyway