Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Mings was a left-back at Ipswich, it was his performances in that position that prompted Bournemouth to pay £8m for him. Even now he's played more as a left-back than a central defender in his career. It's only really with us that he's excelled as a centre-back.

Edited by useless

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

Hause is ready for that. I won’t pay that amount unless Mings isn't coming.

i dunno, Huase would make a good LB, but does he have the energy to get up and down that touchline?, hes such a huge chunk im not sure he does.

• Like 2

Just now, MaVilla said:

i dunno, Huase would make a good LB, but does he have the energy to get up and down that touchline?, hes such a huge chunk im not sure he does.

I mean if thats the case, we could spend on a proper LB. To pay 17m for a player in Mings and Hause position won’t be the best choice. We still need a RCB.

To be honest I haven’t seen Kangolo at all actually, and not sure how good he is.

I still think that the only reason people rate Hause at left back is because they don't like Taylor so much.  Watch some videos of Mings at LB for Ipswich, then try to tell me Hause would be a good LB.  Mings looked like an absolute monster for Ipswich.  Hause looked like an athletic CB filling in at LB for us.

2 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I mean if thats the case, we could spend on a proper LB. To pay 17m for a player in Mings and Hause position won’t be the best choice. We still need a RCB.

To be honest I haven’t seen Kangolo at all actually, and not sure how good he is.

yeah possibly, i do rate Hause but really he's likely to be a backup CB and maybe LB, i do hope he can develop in to a first choice though, he does have some talent.

we really need to start making some signings though, we have 3-4 weeks before the USA tour and we need 6-9 players.........

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

yeah possibly, i do rate Hause but really he's likely to be a backup CB and maybe LB, i do hope he can develop in to a first choice though, he does have some talent.

we really need to start making some signings though, we have 3-4 weeks before the USA tour and we need 6-9 players.........

Thats why I doubt that we get Kangolo. Its just to pressure Bournmouth. 

Anyway I guess our next signing is a DM.

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Thats why I doubt that we get Kangolo. Its just to pressure Bournmouth. 

Anyway I guess our next signing is a DM.

We need at least 2 more CBs.  Chester won't be more than a bit-part player now, because of his long term knee problem.  Hell, 3 would be ideal.  Mings, Kangolo, & Webster would provide competition and depth.

• Like 1

Kongolo is more proven than mings in the premier league .... Mings was a great loan signing but I think some are getting carried away with maybe how good he actually is. Sacrilege I know to question but if they feel better value can be found elsewhere I’m right behind them. No real preference either way for me. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Kongolo is more proven than mings in the premier league .... Mings was a great loan signing but I think some are getting carried away with maybe how good he actually is. Sacrilege I know to question but if they feel better value can be found elsewhere I’m right behind them. No real preference either way for me. 

angry black and white GIF

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If having premier league appearances make you proven we don’t need a new left back. 

I do agree Mings needs to prove himself though. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Why not? I think he's already pretty good, can still get better, and also provides positional versatility if needed.

Because I can't see him coming in as back-up and we've been linked with players that I've seen perform better than him. Most notably Webster and Tuanzebe. If it's going to be Mings, Webster and Kongolo then I'm totally fine with that.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If having premier league appearances make you proven we don’t need a new left back. 

I do agree Mings needs to prove himself though. 

Ha yes very good point re: Taylor !

Who knows where are at with the mings negotiations ... it may just be a case that upon his return from holiday he signs no issues or Bournemouth have asked for too much or moved the goal posts ... all just speculation. Kongolo May be considered the better option who knows . It’s all conjecture at this point as I said and I’m happy to go with the flow and trust them either way. I do feel in Mings was as highly rated outside of Villa fans more established clubs would be bidding. 

• Like 1

Kongolo is a Dutch international and has played in the Premier League, Ligue 1,  Eredivisie, the Europa league, and the Champions League. So not sure if we can say Webster is better than him. or even Tuanzebe.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

I would like us to go for Billings as well from Huddersfield. Him Phillips McGinn and Hourihane would give us a good blend in the engine department. I’d take Mooy of them as well at the right price. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1