Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I always wondered this. How is a football club worth £60-80 million if the players alone are worth more then that? 

Can someone please explain? 

Will be a mixture of things, buildings, assets, Outgoings and incomings, merchandise sales, debt whether it's high or low, sponsors.

I should imagine everything that makes a club tick gives it it's worth and the better there stance on everything the more worth it becomes.

I think Generating revenue is the main source of why a clubs worth highest or lowers, I maybe wrong.

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Presumably the value of these players would be added to the value of a club, but that’s mad isn’t it?

Are we to think that Brentford are now worth the same amount as a small Premier League club, because they’ve bought a bucketload of £3m players and turned them into a dream team of £20m stars? 🤷🏻‍♂️

If, like Hogan, those players turn out to be flops that can’t be sold for £3m, does that mean that Brentford FC’s value is somewhere between £50m-£250m, allowing for floppage.

You’ll need to see a doctor about that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Tommo_b said:

You’ll need to see a doctor about that.

I presume you don't have a Kenneth Williams pic to post at times like these ? 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I used to buy loads of Brazilians and clean up in Champ manager.

I'm sure the days of slavery are over 😉

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

if you are in the market for a club there’s one up the road from you will cost you 2 bob 👍

No thanks, we were looking for an actual football club. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

There used to be some really good ones around here, back before the full on social media explosion which ruined it for everyone.

I remember making a small fortune out of the appointment of Houllier following ITK info on here :)

Oh the days of the trees plane watching ... I rinsed the bookies and cleaned up nicely as well .... I miss mystery man’s exclamation marks too. Some people take this all too seriously and I don’t really see much difference between an wannabe ITK and the so called click bait journalists other than they paid to make shit up .... 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

HairyHands was underrated. Had the manager or his assistant himself posting on here and getting into it with some users :lol: 

Yeah that was **** weird, why anyone who was high enough at the club to know the starting line up thought it was a good idea to leak it the day before the game, I have no idea.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Why not? I think he's already pretty good, can still get better, and also provides positional versatility if needed.

yeah, watchin some vids (not ideal i know), but he looks really good on the ball, i know he is primarily a CB who can also play LB, but he seems to have all the attributes to be a great LB (if we buy Mings also), ie: Kongolo LB, Mings left CB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

yeah, watchin some vids (not ideal i know), but he looks really good on the ball, i know he is primarily a CB who can also play LB, but he seems to have all the attributes to be a great LB (if we buy Mings also), ie: Kongolo LB, Mings left CB.

Hause is ready for that. I won’t pay that amount unless Mings isn't coming.

• Like 1