Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t know why but I think there’s something in the Kongolo link..  

Kongolo, Butland and Benrahma I think will happen. The rest b*****ks

I've always believed +80% of our transfer rumours are made up but that it was a stretch that "journos" trawled this and other forums for links. Literally hours after someone mentions Kongolo on here the first rumour is published

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Yes but if he was taken out of the Huddersfield defence, and replaced with either of Tuanzebe or Webster, would they have conceded fewer goals?

Pretty much how I see it,

system , partner playing beside you , keeper playing behind you , all these things come into play , so a lot of it hearsay

No problemo, as it happens I'd rather sign Tuanzebe, but I don't think we can be too dismissive of Kongolo. Besides if we did sign him, it would be to play on our left side, and we'd still need to sign someone like Axel or Webster to play on the right.

Today Johnson said Webster "will only be sold if we can find someone better".

However talk is cheap.

That said, he made an even more specific statement last year which is that "Flint would only be sold if we could sign Adam Webster."

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Today Johnson said Webster "will only be sold if we can find someone better".

However talk is cheap.

That said, he made an even more specific statement last year which is that "Flint would only be sold if we could sign Adam Webster."

You can have James Chester. Stick some new knees on him and he'll be good to go.

We leave for America in 24 days I think.

Absolutely need 5 signings minimum before season starts. Looks like the club want 6 because there's so much keeper chat.

A signing every 4 days until we go away to get them all in before USA then.

2 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

This. We all loved Mings last year, but is he really worth 15m plus? Bournemouth brought him for 8m from the championship, they obviously didn’t think he was good enough for the premier league so shipped him out and yes he the did brilliantly for us but only again in the championship! Put his injury problems on top of this I just don’t see how or why we should play double what Bournemouth did just because he had a awesome 4 months in the championship  with us.

Well we have just given millions to a goalkeeper that we have repeatedly given away for the past few years ( including last year ) as he wasn't deemed good enough to even sit on the bench because of 4 good months in the championship............

18 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

You can have James Chester. Stick some new knees on him and he'll be good to go.

How about you pay for Webster, but we send you Baker?

Different manager and owners, they won't notice the difference (until they see him play).

• Haha 3

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Different manager and owners, they won't notice the difference (until they see him play).

how good is Webster?

cant say i have ever seen him play tbh, is he decent on the ball?, quick or slow?, etc?

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We leave for America in 24 days I think.

Absolutely need 5 signings minimum before season starts. Looks like the club want 6 because there's so much keeper chat.

A signing every 4 days until we go away to get them all in before USA then.

lets go GIF by evite

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Will be a signing tomorrow. Can feel it. 

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

Fair enough mate but can ya put it away and feel it in private

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

Could be multiple signings tomorrow for all we know. 

Impressive!!!

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Well we have just given millions to a goalkeeper that we have repeatedly given away for the past few years ( including last year ) as he wasn't deemed good enough to even sit on the bench because of 4 good months in the championship............

He wasn’t deemed good enough by the previous coaching staff. Things are always fluid and the perceived value of any player can rise and fall almost after every performance. Certainly as perceived by the press and fans. The hope is that a well run club, well this club anyway, has talented professionals that can see beyond the obvious and take a more rounded view on players. 

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

how good is Webster?

cant say i have ever seen him play tbh, is he decent on the ball?, quick or slow?, etc?

Comfortable with the ball on either foot. Brings the ball out from the back with ease, is decent enough on the ball he has even started in midfield a couple of times (notably our game where we played him as a DM in a 4-2-2-2 against WBA and went 3-0 up inside 20 minutes).

He's not blisteringly quick, but he's no slouch either. Will be our record transfer if all his clauses are met (bought for £3.5m rising to potentially £8m).

He made more progressive runs and more progressive passes (both stats individually, and of course combined) than any other Championship CB last season.

I half jokingly said he's in the top 5 CBs in the Championship, after docking him 4 places to account for bias, but he genuinely has the talent to play for a Premier League side and is absolutely one of the best CBs in the Championship.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Do you not rate Baker?

I felt a bit sad when he left as he had developed a great partnership with Chester the season before.

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

Do you not rate Baker?

I felt a bit sad when he left as he had developed a great partnership with Chester the season before.

Bakers a good enough Championship defender, but out of him and Webster it's not even close.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Bakers a good enough Championship defender, but out of him and Webster it's not even close.

are you guys concerned we might be in for Webster?, or are you taking it as a pinch of salt "likely crappy newspaper talk" like we are? ;)

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Comfortable with the ball on either foot. Brings the ball out from the back with ease, is decent enough on the ball he has even started in midfield a couple of times (notably our game where we played him as a DM in a 4-2-2-2 against WBA and went 3-0 up inside 20 minutes).

He's not blisteringly quick, but he's no slouch either. Will be our record transfer if all his clauses are met (bought for £3.5m rising to potentially £8m).

He made more progressive runs and more progressive passes (both stats individually, and of course combined) than any other Championship CB last season.

I half jokingly said he's in the top 5 CBs in the Championship, after docking him 4 places to account for bias, but he genuinely has the talent to play for a Premier League side and is absolutely one of the best CBs in the Championship.

*Cough* I mean, he's useless, don't touch him with a barge pole.

• Haha 1