Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

33 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Heard someone on the radio this morning raving about Jules Kounde, a 20-year old CB who is think is at Bordeaux. Was saying Arsenal should sign him he's that good. Hopefully we are also identifying some unknown gems as well.

My suggestion of Tonali was swiftly scuppered last night when the commentators said he was "the next Pirlo" and that he would cost something ridiculous like €50m.

Been doing the rounds for a bit. 

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/sandro-tonali-brescia-tactical-analysis

58 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Heard someone on the radio this morning raving about Jules Kounde, a 20-year old CB who is think is at Bordeaux. Was saying Arsenal should sign him he's that good. Hopefully we are also identifying some unknown gems as well.

My suggestion of Tonali was swiftly scuppered last night when the commentators said he was "the next Pirlo" and that he would cost something ridiculous like €50m.

Kounde was mentioned on the recent Tifo podcast in regards to Arsenal...if you weren't referring to that one, that's probably where they got that from.

58 minutes ago, Mooley22 said:

Chiesa is brilliant but i dont think 50million would buy him at the moment,Mere could be willing to make the move from Koln,Tousart being linked with moves to Spurs and Inter so id guess he is out of our league for now,Brekalo been capped at full level a few times so proabably would take huge money too.Some great players on show but a good tournament will triple their price,These are the players we should be scouting and signing before they become out of reach.

Apparently Brekalo wants out, 20million euros touted. Absolutely no clue if this site is remotely reputable, it got posted on AVFC reddit so just sharing http://www.fussballtransfers.com/nachricht/wolfsburg-kommt-skov-fur-brekalo_105485

18 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

Kounde was mentioned on the recent Tifo podcast in regards to Arsenal...if you weren't referring to that one, that's probably where they got that from.

Apparently Brekalo wants out, 20million euros touted. Absolutely no clue if this site is remotely reputable, it got posted on AVFC reddit so just sharing http://www.fussballtransfers.com/nachricht/wolfsburg-kommt-skov-fur-brekalo_105485

if he wants out be worth offering 15+ addons and try get a deal done.

Read yesterday that we are interested in Bradley Dack.

Edit: Well, you can tell how up with current affairs and transfer rumours I am! Don't mind me.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Haha 1

Just to iterate how out of touch I am with potential and ideal targets..

Would there be scope for us to sign any of the up and coming players from the Ajax side that should've made the CL final last season?

I mean they were playing Tadic up front, who had a spell with Southampton. So surely they wouldn't be beyond reach, as long as a better offer doesn't come in.

30 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Read yesterday that we are interested in Bradley Dack.

Edit: Well, you can tell how up with current affairs and transfer rumours I am! Don't mind me.

Weeks old, disappeared after Moraes signing, now back again. 

Striker wants PL move and journos thinks we want striker. Completely baseless and would club be interested in him after recent drink driving issue? I think not

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Weeks old, disappeared after Moraes signing, now back again. 

Striker wants PL move and journos thinks we want striker. Completely baseless and would club be interested in him after recent drink driving issue? I think not

On the opposite end of the spectrum, it was great to read that Tyrone Mings volunteered with the homeless at one point..

He also paid for the supporters who had bought his shirt prior to his number change to receive a new shirt with the updated number on it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Would there be scope for us to sign any of the up and coming players from the Ajax side that should've made the CL final last season?

I mean they were playing Tadic up front, who had a spell with Southampton. So surely they wouldn't be beyond reach, as long as a better offer doesn't come in.

Probably not much going there, either going to bigger clubs for big money, or certainly would be valued beyond our budgets (e.g. De Ligt, De Jong, Van de Beek, Onana, Tagliafico, Ziyech), Neres looks likely destined for Everton, Schone, Tadic and Blind don't fit the profile. That only leaves Veltman (stand in RB I think), Sinkgraven (back up left back I think), Mazraoui (no idea on him) who i don't know enough about,  Bruno Varela was on loan from Benfica (back up keeper). That leaves Kaspar Dolberg, who they won't want to sell yet (and will likely go for big money in a year or so). After that you're going into their squad/youth players, many of which will be promoted to replace the mass of big money outgoings.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

Probably not much going there, either going to bigger clubs for big money, or certainly would be valued beyond our budgets (e.g. De Ligt, De Jong, Van de Beek, Onana, Tagliafico, Ziyech), Neres looks likely destined for Everton, Schone, Tadic and Blind don't fit the profile. That only leaves Veltman (stand in RB I think), Sinkgraven (back up left back I think), Mazraoui (no idea on him) who i don't know enough about,  Bruno Varela was on loan from Benfica (back up keeper). That leaves Kaspar Dolberg, who they won't want to sell yet (and will likely go for big money in a year or so). After that you're going into their squad/youth players, many of which will be promoted to replace the mass of big money outgoings.

Thanks for the scout report! I used to be a football fanatic, but these days I only take interest in watching Villa's games and little else.

It definitely makes the transfer season more entertaining when you're clued in on players from elsewhere and what they could bring to the table.

I just hope we sign sound players. Those who can lift the dressingroom and know how lucky they are being professional footballers. 

I also hope people will give them time. Remember Sherwood's French project.. they didn't do amazing right away but have proven themselves later on. Maybe especially Veretout. I knew he was a proper player. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

20m for a cb I’ve never heard of at Bristol city ? These championship fees are ridiculous. Let’s look elsewhere

This. We should not be spending that kind of money on any championship players. The days of being wasteful should be over. This is why we have a scouting department. 

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This. We should not be spending that kind of money on any championship players. The days of being wasteful should be over. This is why we have a scouting department. 

Hold on, didn’t James Maddison come from the championship? 

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I think quite a few of them are being sold for big money. Similar to how Monaco were dismantled after their semi final season.

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hold on, didn’t James Maddison come from the championship? 

I thought the rumoured £25m fee for Maddison was a ridiculous fee at the time for a player who had one really good season in the Championship. But then this was no different to our valuation of Jack, and also proves why I'm not a scout.

25 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

20m for a cb I’ve never heard of at Bristol city ? These championship fees are ridiculous. Let’s look elsewhere

Whilst I agree 20m is a lot of money for a second tier player. Out of a interest which leagues do you feel a player should have played at before it’s justified to spend 20 million on them? 

The championship is a lot stronger than the Belgium league so I take it you both disagree with the Wesley signing and feel we’ve spent way too much?

• Like 4