Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Do you not rate Baker?

I felt a bit sad when he left as he had developed a great partnership with Chester the season before.

I don’t think Baker was too bad, he always put his body on the line, a good old fashioned CB. However his distribution was appalling, so he certainly wouldn’t fit in to a Dean Smith team. Not that I believe you’re suggesting for a moment that we’d consider taking him back. 

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

are you guys concerned we might be in for Webster?, or are you taking it as a pinch of salt "likely crappy newspaper talk" like we are? ;)

Honestly if the £12m fee being rumoured is anything close to a genuine offer, I think the club will have laughed it away.

We sold a played who couldn't even get in the first team for the last third of the season for £13m, our player of the season isn't going to be sold for a lower fee.

However if he was sold I'd be concerned, Kalas seems half likely to come back right now and they were a great partnership, Webster going could change Kalas's mind unless he was given other reassurances.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Honestly if the £12m fee being rumoured is anything close to a genuine offer, I think the club will have laughed it away.

We sold a played who couldn't even get in the first team for the last third of the season for £13m, our player of the season isn't going to be sold for a lower fee.

However if he was sold I'd be concerned, Kalas seems half likely to come back right now and they were a great partnership, Webster going could change Kalas's mind unless he was given other reassurances.

eh maybe, the so called "championship prices" are high on drugs currently, seems currently that every championsip players is worth 20m +, madness :)

(granted there are a few players in the championship maybe worth 15-20, but just seems everyone screams """20m+""", for all half decent players currently.)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t think Baker was too bad, he always put his body on the line, a good old fashioned CB. However his distribution was appalling, so he certainly wouldn’t fit in to a Dean Smith team. Not that I believe you’re suggesting for a moment that we’d consider taking him back. 

No no, I just like to keep tabs on our ex players. Especially ones from our youth team.

Ironically I think he suited a Bruce team to a tee which is why I found it odd when he let him go

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

eh maybe, the so called "championship prices" are high on drugs currently, seems currently that every championsip players is worth 20m +, madness :)

(granted there are a few players in the championship maybe worth 15-20, but just seems everyone screams """20m+""", for all half decent players currently.)

I said myself a few pages back that I'd reject anything under £20m.

Not because his market value is that high, but his value to Bristol City is. Much like Grealish and the £35m figures being bandied around last summer.

I don't think Webster will get sold this summer, but if he was I think a likely fee would be around £17m/18m with add ons taking it higher.

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I said myself a few pages back that I'd reject anything under £20m.

Not because his market value is that high, but his value to Bristol City is. Much like Grealish and the £35m figures being bandied around last summer.

I don't think Webster will get sold this summer, but if he was I think a likely fee would be around £17m/18m with add ons taking it higher.

the problem is once you get to the kind of figures you are talking, you can buy foreign players for much cheaper.

if he's worth 20m to Bristol thats fine, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but those kind of prices for championship players is just cuckoo, there is maybe 2-5 players in the entire championship worth 15-20m in reality, and even then its borderline.

if you can get 20m tho, good luck to u guys, would be a good deal 4 u, 20m for one player is a lot of cash in the championship, for Villa, Bristol, anyone tbh.

Any player in the u21 Euros catching anybodys eye?Players that could be a good fit for Villa and that we could realistically get?

Thought Richter from Augsburg has looked good so far,can play anywhere across the front line and is a good finisher

Tonali from Bresica looked class last night when he came on.Some of the forward passes were fantastic,

Andreas Skov is the one id really go for.Plays for Nordsjaelland,Scored 19 goals in 26 in the league from right wing last season and is only 19.

Maximilian Mittelstädt the german left back looks like he has a quality future aheads of him too.

Edited by Mooley22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This whole " the price is this because you guys wanted 35-40 million for Grealish" is pure nonsense, the players we have looked at in championship are good players but Grealish is not a good player , he is a special player , only Madison I see as anything similar to jack , as good a player the likes of Webster is , there is 3 or 4 similar options in the championship , you would be lucky to find 2 or 3 similar type of players to Grealish in the prem league never mind the championship

3 minutes ago, pete101 said:

This whole " the price is this because you guys wanted 35-40 million for Grealish" is pure nonsense, the players we have looked at in championship are good players but Grealish is not a good player , he is a special player , only Madison I see as anything similar to jack , as good a player the likes of Webster is , there is 3 or 4 similar options in the championship , you would be lucky to find 2 or 3 similar type of players to Grealish in the prem league never mind the championship

Probably because you made that up.

I haven't said his value is X because you wanted Y for Grealish.

I talked about the value of the player to the club.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

Probably because you made that up.

I haven't said his value is X because you wanted Y for Grealish.

I talked about the value of the player to the club.

If you said it personally I would have quoted you mate

Just now, pete101 said:

If you said it personally I would have quoted you mate

Apologies then if I took that wrong.

I don't recall anyone saying that kind of statement still, if you have then fair enough.

5 hours ago, KMitch said:

We need at least 2 more CBs.  Chester won't be more than a bit-part player now, because of his long term knee problem.  Hell, 3 would be ideal.  Mings, Kangolo, & Webster would provide competition and depth.

We can’t afford to pay all of that. I guess its 20-22m for the main two cb’s, or with one of them as a loan or a free. While the other cover will be a young lower league (or so) player which would cost as Hause or less.

5 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We can’t afford to pay all of that. I guess its 20-22m for the main two cb’s, or with one of them as a loan or a free. While the other cover will be a young lower league (or so) player which would cost as Hause or less.

What do you mean we can't afford it?  We have some of the richest owners in all of football...

• Like 1

Just now, KMitch said:

What do you mean we can't afford it?  We have some of the richest owners in all of football...

We can overspend but it won’t be good if we failed to stay up. We have a lot of areas to still spend at.

The three you’ve mentioned will cost 35-45m if the figures are correct, we’ve already spent around 35. Thats 70-80 without a winger, DM, a proper LB and most likely a new GK. Another 2-3 squad players.

Once we build our squad. We could then get 2-3 quality players every window on high prices. 

Have to say I'm glad we haven't just gone out and started throwing money around left, right and centre to bring in lots of players quickly. We seem to be taking time finding the right player(s) and getting the best deals for us.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Mooley22 said:

Any player in the u21 Euros catching anybodys eye?Players that could be a good fit for Villa and that we could realistically get?

Thought Richter from Augsburg has looked good so far,can play anywhere across the front line and is a good finisher

Tonali from Bresica looked class last night when he came on.Some of the forward passes were fantastic,

Andreas Skov is the one id really go for.Plays for Nordsjaelland,Scored 19 goals in 26 in the league from right wing last season and is only 19.

Maximilian Mittelstädt the german left back looks like he has a quality future aheads of him too.

Some quality players on show...did you see the Italian lad Chiesa against Spain? Looked awesome. Tonali is a super hot prospect, linked to PSG so he is destined for bigger things I think. Hard to know who would be 'gettable' I guess.

I like the look of Jorge Mere, Spanish centre back, really good on the ball. Tousart from France, he's at Lyon and could be a top DM in the future, that's from my knowledge rather than this tournament so far though, probably unlikely for us though. Mere is at Koln, maybe more realistic? Brekalo from Croatia is someone I've seen play before as well, at Wolfsburg I think. He looks very tidy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Heard someone on the radio this morning raving about Jules Kounde, a 20-year old CB who is think is at Bordeaux. Was saying Arsenal should sign him he's that good. Hopefully we are also identifying some unknown gems as well.

My suggestion of Tonali was swiftly scuppered last night when the commentators said he was "the next Pirlo" and that he would cost something ridiculous like €50m.

12 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

Some quality players on show...did you see the Italian lad Chiesa against Spain? Looked awesome. Tonali is a super hot prospect, linked to PSG so he is destined for bigger things I think. Hard to know who would be 'gettable' I guess.

I like the look of Jorge Mere, Spanish centre back, really good on the ball. Tousart from France, he's at Lyon and could be a top DM in the future, that's from my knowledge rather than this tournament so far though, probably unlikely for us though. Mere is at Koln, maybe more realistic? Brekalo from Croatia is someone I've seen play before as well, at Wolfsburg I think. He looks very tidy.

Chiesa is brilliant but i dont think 50million would buy him at the moment,Mere could be willing to make the move from Koln,Tousart being linked with moves to Spurs and Inter so id guess he is out of our league for now,Brekalo been capped at full level a few times so proabably would take huge money too.Some great players on show but a good tournament will triple their price,These are the players we should be scouting and signing before they become out of reach.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Heard someone on the radio this morning raving about Jules Kounde, a 20-year old CB who is think is at Bordeaux. Was saying Arsenal should sign him he's that good. Hopefully we are also identifying some unknown gems as well.

My suggestion of Tonali was swiftly scuppered last night when the commentators said he was "the next Pirlo" and that he would cost something ridiculous like €50m.

Ye best hope of getting Tonali would be a big club to buy him and want to loan him out for a year or so,otherwise i dont see it happening,Alot of good young french players coming through,Thuram and Ikone were very good the other night against England