Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

Promising. As well as Steer has done, I don't think he's Prem quality and messing up on that department could easily send us down. Not sold on Kalinic either I think he's too slow to ground and it's evident Smith doesn't like him. Maybe Kalinic has an offer elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abdomlahor said:

i don't think he's that much of an upgrade over steer. 

Exactly, and the fact that they reject £ 8 million just proves Steer is a £ 10 million keeper atm. easily. 

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sheesh, nobody is safe in this squad.

I thought that. I think Dean Smith knows if there's any weakness in the team next season all eyes will be on decisions made this window - so long as he's confident stitching it all together I've no issue with the ruthlessness...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I thought that. I think Dean Smith knows if there's any weakness in the team next season all eyes will be on decisions made this window - so long as he's confident stitching it all together I've no issue with the ruthlessness...

Agreed. It is easy to judge Smith on his affable demeanour and totally forget that he is pretty ruthless and will have no room for sentiment regarding his first season in the PL. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't offer more than 10 mill.

He's 29 with no sell on value e.t.c.

Plus is our budget really that big to be going round spending double figures on goalkeepers.

I'd think there are other more pressing positions which need addressing.

Edited by AshVilla

34 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Are you kidding me?  He was easily one of the top 5 keepers in the Premier League last season.  

No he wasn't. But this is VT so spending money on new transfers will always mean getting a better player. Grass is always greener etc. 

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

No he wasn't. But this is VT so spending money on new transfers will always mean getting a better player. Grass is always greener etc. 

Uh, yeah he was...  Tied for 5th on WhoScored's Premier League keeper ratings for all Keepers who played more than 10 games last season.  Same rating as Boruc, but played more than 3 times the minutes/games.  Only Fabianski made more average saves/game.  

image.png.8883bd7470f4a2708ae32f69c84e1705.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

At least we’re showing ambition if this is true, he’s been excellent for Cardiff I think

Depends what you want in a keeper. Excellent shot stopper 👍.  Distribution atrocious 👍

Surprised we be interested as Smith seems to want his keepers to be able to pass

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Genuinly don't think he's an upgrade on Steer

Aside from the penalties, Steer was never really tested in the championship - so the jury is out. From what I understand, he didn't do anything special at Charlton either.

Etheridge is a proven Premier league goalie and known well by Dean and Neil. If they think he is better then steer,  then I trust their judgement, as they have seen both keepers perform every day in training.