Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

7 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Depends what you want in a keeper. Excellent shot stopper 👍.  Distribution atrocious 👍

Surprised we be interested as Smith seems to want his keepers to be able to pass

I think you are correct 

6 hours ago, sne said:

From what I remember Wolves offered £120k in January (might be way off) and a player going for £25m or whatever is going to get a big contract.

Just like transfer fees goes up, so does salaries.

Edit:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tammy-abraham-wolves-aston-villa-15636578

Exactly. Mccormack is on 70k... Let that sink in! I do think 120k is a bit steep for an unproven 21 year old though. 

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

**** sake Milner talk, was Benteke and Cahill previously. Move on he left at the first opportunity and wont be in a hurry to come back

We are a football club, not a production company making a remake of Dad's Army! 

12 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Uh, yeah he was...  Tied for 5th on WhoScored's Premier League keeper ratings for all Keepers who played more than 10 games last season.  Same rating as Boruc, but played more than 3 times the minutes/games.  Only Fabianski made more average saves/game.  

image.png.8883bd7470f4a2708ae32f69c84e1705.png

Pointless comparison. Ofc. keepers for dogshit teams will average lots of saves.  Not a chance he was or is a top 5 keeper. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Pointless comparison. Ofc. keepers for dogshit teams will average lots of saves.  Not a chance he was or is a top 5 keeper. 

Tbf if I was a manager and had the choice of getting Lloris/Alison or Fabianski no way im going for Fab! 

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Villa Talk Debating 101:

The stats don't back up your argument?  Might as well dismiss them all together!!!

We're done here...  I'd rather do this with someone like villalad21, because at least I'd get a good laugh out of his trolling...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Pinch of salt the goalkeeper stats with relegated clubs. I remember watching Carson go down with Charlton and I thought he was going to be the new Yashin.

I rememeber when Watford were the same with Ben Foster in goal. They could lose 3-0 every game but he would always be man of the match. 

• Like 1

I personally think a lot of the signings will be underwhelming in our thoughts and expectations but will do the job that Dean asks of them and will buy into the project.

With maybe a marquee signing thrown in to show we aren’t messing about.

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Are you kidding me?  He was easily one of the top 5 keepers in the Premier League last season.  

Absolutely no chance. He did well last season but c'mon, it's been long established that it's easier to look good in goal for a poor side that faces more shots than other teams. Even taking solely last season into account he wasn't near Alisson, Ederson, Fabianski, Leno, Kepa, Foster, Patricio, Schmeichel and probably a couple of more.

Wouldn't be a bad singing by any means as we'll be looking to stay in the Premier League, but there's levels and he's not at that one.

The fact that the basis some of you are going off makes Boruc a better signing should be enough to work off.

Edited by Indigo

12 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Villa Talk Debating 101:

The stats don't back up your argument?  Might as well dismiss them all together!!!

We're done here...  I'd rather do this with someone like villalad21, because at least I'd get a good laugh out of his trolling...

Stats only ever tell part of the story if any. Like others mentioned, Cardiff's keeper even if it was Neil Warnock himself would have been very high on the saves charts due to the very nature of their predicament. So that particular stat doesn't tell the story you seem to want it to.

And now we need to Replace RMC. Can't imagine how much it's going to cost to replace him 😋

Is it just me or is that showreel not that impressive?! Weak punches, no catching, looks like it's edited so many of the follow ups were goals and a majority of the saves either directly at him or off an arm rather than a solid hand on them. 

McCormack is gone.........WOOOHOOOO!

with all the released players, that roughly 350k a week saved, or 19 MILLION a year on wages, before bonuses......nuts.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Villa Talk Debating 101:

So you believe that Etheridge is better than Ederson?

Interesting.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

McCormack is gone.........WOOOHOOOO!

with all the released players, that roughly 350k a week saved, or 19 MILLION a year on wages, before bonuses......nuts.

It's only money saved if you don't spunk it up the wall ( yet again)

We seem to have this celebration every 3 or 4 year cycle, hopefully this is the end of it.
Looking at the start of the McCormack thread I mentioned the sums involved and the fee with tredipdation and the usual "not my money" type comments were posted.

We cannot keep doing this.

• Like 2