Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, villalad21 said:

So you're comparing Premier League and Championship stats?

Hardly comparable.

Lol you brought up Tammy’s assist total to begin with :crylaugh:

Ok ignoring that **** up on your part, where’s your 10 goals a season quote come from?

Championship stats aren’t comparable with premier league stats, but imaginary ones are? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Lol you brought up Tammy’s assist total to begin with :crylaugh:

Ok ignoring that **** up on your part, where’s your 10 goals a season quote come from?

Championship stats aren’t comparable with premier league stats, but imaginary ones are? 

Actually he might not even be a 10 goal striker.

He's time at Swansea he ended up with 5 goals.

I think we need to be careful what we wish for here. Yes Tammy is a fine Championship striker, but i'm not too sure about him at a Premier League level.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think we need to be careful what we wish for here. Yes Tammy is a fine Championship striker, but i'm not too sure about him at a Premier League level.

No, I'm not 100% convinced about him at Premier League level either but to say a 22 year old English striker who has scored 60 goals in 130 career games is worth no more than 10 million in today's market is utterly ridiculous.

Edited by Okonokos

I’d definitely pay 25m for a 10/15 goal striker. Assuming others chip in it pretty much guarantees you staying up. 

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Every other team in the Prem will be seeing us as near certainties to go down. Especially on the basis that at the moment we would barely even be able to field a competitive XI.

Getting Tammy, Mings, Hause and Ghazi confirmed in the next two weeks would be melt down territory.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think if we were to yo-yo then Abraham becomes a great piece of business, think he's good enough for the lower end of the PL but if the worst happened and we went down and we kept him you'd be confident that he would fire us back up again

The worst isn't going to happen! 🤞

• Like 2

I like TA and if he does return then i hope he hits the ground running. My only concern is remembering the chances he missed last season and wondering if he'd get as many chances in the top flight ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Life is easier with new improved ignore feature.

He's the only person I've blocked on here. Such an obvious troll. Improved the site big time but annoying I can still see people replying to him constantly.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

I've reservations about Abraham in the Premiership as well.  He did fall away towards the end of the Championship season and was anonymous most of the time in the playoff's (i give him the shoulder injury for that) but you cant deny he didn't score allot of goals. 

I've just dont understand why Chelsea would let him go for 25mill.  That is nothing for a young English Striker who fills up your teams quota in Europe.  I think they might have came to the same conclusion.

20 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

If Abraham is going for 25mill, Wolves will be all over it.  I doubt we will be able to compete with them at this stage.  Give it a year or two though.

He didn't want to go there last year. I'm also not sure they would want him now, given they consider they are the next Manchester City. If we match any other bid, then Tammy will come home to us. ;)

Yeah of course, whenever a person has a difference of opinion to the mold he has to be a troll.

So unless you agree with the majority you have to be a troll. Nice logic.

I don't rate Abraham as highly as some on here, that doesn't make me a troll. 

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

And that’s fine for that to be a concern. It’s not a guarantee he’d be a consistent goal scorer in this league.

But that wasn’t what you were saying. You were basically saying “10 goals a season for £20m? No thanks.”

That’s the market now. Lacazette was around £50m and he scored 13 goals (ok he may play wide, and gets a few assists, but the point stands). Or how about Lukaku, scoring 12 goals? Mitrovic is being talked about in a £30m deal - 11 goals.

The likelihood of us buying a striker for £10m and him to bag 15+ goals is not that high.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

And that’s fine for that to be a concern. It’s not a guarantee he’d be a consistent goal scorer in this league.

But that wasn’t what you were saying. You were basically saying “10 goals a season for £20m? No thanks.”

That’s the market now. Lacazette was around £50m and he scored 13 goals (ok he may play wide, and gets a few assists, but the point stands). Or how about Lukaku, scoring 12 goals? Mitrovic is being talked about in a £30m deal - 11 goals.

The likelihood of us buying a striker for £10m and him to bag 15+ goals is not that high.

Danny Ings has just moved to Southampton permanently for £20m+, 7 Premier League goals last season, the market is so much different to when we were last here, we will need to spend big on somebody!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Milner is the wrong type of signing.

We should sign players that will stay here long term.

We need to stay up for a couple of years to bring them type of players through.  1 or 2 players like Milner is what we need.

• Like 3

Don't get me wrong, I think he tailed off towards the end of the season (not sure how much the injury at Bolton had to do with that) and I would want us to sign another quality striker to really compete with Tammy and push him, but he's still only very young and the amount of improvement yet to come is easily worth £25m.

Look at the players from our squad this season who are in that same age bracket:

Tammy 21
Axel 21
Andre Green 20
Keinan Davis 21
Matija Šarkić 21

Apart from Axel he's streets ahead!  And you'd still say that the others have the potential to become good, valuable players in the long run.

• Like 2