Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, Hitzlsperger_12 said:

Butland - Hell no from me, he's way overrated, error prone and just not been the same since his injuries.

And wouldn't SHA benefit from a sell on clause if we did spunk 30m on him ?

Then it's a definite NO from me.

55 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah of course, whenever a person has a difference of opinion to the mold he has to be a troll.

Don't worry villalad, I can 100% back you up. When it comes to VillaTalk, your opinion is the mould. :thumb:

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

#AVFC are going to try and tempt James Milner back to Villa Park after he has just won the Champions League, it is believed that Villa are set to offer him £85,000 a week to come back to the Midalnds. Milner prefers Liverpool stay but is open to a move to Villa Park. #LFC

Please let it be so, one player who i would want who is over 30.  He could go on for another 3-4 years at top level.

1. Who the hell are AcuraSports News?

2. In spite of the lack of credibility behind the twitter claim, I would fully endorse this move. I know it's unlikely, but he'd be a great figure to have in the dressing room to replace some of our departed experience and he's still got the ability to be useful. 

3. That said it's very unlikely and any sort of offer from Liverpool probably keeps him there

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

2. In spite of the lack of credibility behind the twitter claim, I would fully endorse this move. I know it's unlikely, but he'd be a great figure to have in the dressing room to replace some of our departed experience and he's still got the ability to be useful. 

3. That said it's very unlikely and any sort of offer from Liverpool probably keeps him there

He seems to get things right.  Was way way ahead of the game with the Jotta thing.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Rodders said:

These are my exact thoughts on the 'rumour', if we can even call it that.

I'd love him to come back here. I actually think Liverpool will offer him an extension on lower wages and he'll take it. But, if we were to give him assurances that we see him back in the heart of our midfield, on a respectable (but not ridiculous) wage, it'd be great to have him sat behind McGinn and Grealish barking orders to the team. His experience would be invaluable, and he'd be a significant improvement on our two departing 'midfield generals'.

• Like 1

Not entirely sure Klopp would be so keen to get rid of Milner, considering his comments about him regarding the CL Final:

“Without Millie’s dressing-room talk, with a non-native manager, I think it would not have been possible to win this,” he said. “I am so happy for the boys.

I can see him being granted an extra year extension.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah milner on 85k a week really fits Purslows business model he was alluding to 

It's a good job agents don't create imaginary links in order to try and get their players a better contract, if that happened how would we be able to believe anything?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Actually he might not even be a 10 goal striker.

He's time at Swansea he ended up with 5 goals.

I think we need to be careful what we wish for here. Yes Tammy is a fine Championship striker, but i'm not too sure about him at a Premier League level.

Thats very true - but given that we can not pay or probably attract the finished article - we are going to have to take a punt on someone - either Tammy, Maupay, or someone overseas  - theirs going to have to be a leap of faith. 

Wolves signed Moutinho last summer and he's done a briliant job for them, Milner could be a similar type of signing for us. Would be a very good signing, but I doubt it will happen.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

no to Milner on 85k pw - If we made such a move it would surprise and disappoint me. 

If Klopp makes the crazy decision not to keep him, what level of wages would you see as acceptable?

Remember, he's a free transfer so any team that picks him up will be saving on that outlay. He's 33, turns 34 in January, but because of how well he looks after himself, I'd imagine he can carry on playing at Premier League level until he's at least 36. (I'd personally offer him a 2-year deal with an option to extend it to a 3rd).

£85k sounds crazy on the face of it, and I would be shocked if we offered it. But, with all things considered (quality of player/ lack of transfer fee/ him being a model professional/ considering that those wages would be covered by the outgoing wages of Whelan and Jedi) I wouldn't be disappointed. In fact, I'd be over the moon that we'd found a way to entice him here.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

He seems to get things right.  Was way way ahead of the game with the Jotta thing.

What Jota thing?, all we have had for days is speculation 🤔

I don’t think Milner would come back, but I’d be happy for him to do so.

We should in the main be going for younger players, but we’re going to need some experience. And Milner can play in a variety of positions too.

As for the £85k a week quote, well I can’t believe our highest earner is too far off that, taking into account promotion bonuses. I don’t think it’s a ridiculous figure.

Just because you have a business model of what your typical signing should be, doesnt mean every single signing should follow it. There's no sense in being that inflexible. If a player can give you the exact qualities you need / lack for a couple of seasons, why pass it up?

Our issues havent been signing older players. Its signing older players for the sake of it. Players who offer little on the pitch and are content to collect a wage and chill out.

Im not saying signing Milner is essential, but I could definitely the logic. And he certainly isnt the type to mug a club off and phone it in. We can afford a couple of wise heads in the squad. Not too many. Just a couple.

• Like 3