Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

50 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m sure that’s Mings arm. 

I thinking is Taylor's arm and we have given him a 5 year contract on 150k, no doubt the management were getting lonely now McCormack and Richards have gone.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Cryptic message signing(s) imminent? 

Here

_20190604_080832.JPG

the change over is sometime this week, maybe tomorrow, the new season officially begins - so that's not a transfer, that's our twitter account saying soon we will officially be a PL team

I think the transfer window is already open

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Na, I am going Abraham.

Personally, I hope it's Tuanzebe though!  🙏🏼

... then Abraham afterwards.

Think it's Tshibola

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oh dear, it's a bit too Xia for me that.

Haha.. yeah, I have this vision of Xia walking round Villa Park through the offices. As he is wondering round, Laura in the social media department has left her desk and nipped out for a smoke and not logged off! Tony see's this perfect opportunity and quickly jumps on her PC and sends this crafty cryptic tweet...

God knows what was in this coffee I drank this morning!?

• Haha 3

I don't see Abraham happening myself, I think he'd prefer to fight for a place at Chelsea. Maybe if it's too competitive another loan deal for Tammy might be possible? 
Tuanzebe I think will be in a United shirt next year, United will most likely see massive squad changes and I think he'll certainly be part of that. 

Right now the only ones I have confidence in happening are Mings and El Ghazi. What's peoples thoughts on Gary Cahill? Do you think he'd be a good get for his premiership experience?

There's an interview with our French scout saying that he's at the Maurice Revello Tournament looking at players for us, says there might be one or two playing for France that might be of interest. Also mentions the possibility of a few players playing in Ligue 1, makes sense when you think we've already signed Guilbert and loaned El Ghazi from that division.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I'd take the 2009 version of Milner, but today he's just a workhorse.

We've got McGinn to do that job, he is the right age and got a bigger potential. What we need is a dmf.

I'd take the 2009 version of Milner, we are close to getting him in the form of Anwar El Ghazi.

Today he is indeed still a great workhorse and at 33 a bloody good one too. But along with his workhorse attributes comes a very experienced football brain. An FA Cup, League Cup, Premier League and Champions League winner - the lad has done it all and still knows how to ping a pass to slice open many a team.

He has become more of an Andre Pirlo type player and can play until he is 36+.

He has looked after himself and keeps himself impeccably fit.

He would be an amazing signing to slot into that DM position infront of the back 4 and in behind McGinn & Grealish.

He would be the perfect replacement for Whelan/Jedinak and would be our new DMF.

7 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

What's peoples thoughts on Gary Cahill? Do you think he'd be a good get for his premiership experience?

Similar to Milner above, this lad has done it all.

I would take him on a 1yr deal if the wages were not to silly as experienced backup depending who else we sign in that position. I don't think he is a 38 game player now but great to have none the less.

I agree him and Milner would be two very astute signings if they happened.

22 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Na, I am going Abraham.

Personally, I hope it's Tuanzebe though!  🙏🏼

... then Abraham afterwards.

Agree. First look said Abraham, but probably reading too much into it.

11 minutes ago, useless said:

There's an interview with our French scout saying that he's at the Maurice Revello Tournament looking at players for us, says there might be one or two playing for France that might be of interest. Also mentions the possibility of a few players playing in Ligue 1, makes sense when you think we've already signed Guilbert and loaned El Ghazi from that division.

Not sure why we always look at France we have history of deals not working out for us there. 

We should look at the German Market that league is a very high standard

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Cryptic message signing(s) imminent? 

Here

_20190604_080832.JPG

I think its today or tomorrow that we are officially a Premier League Club, 

Fixtures announced a week on Thursday! 😁

27 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I don't see Abraham happening myself, I think he'd prefer to fight for a place at Chelsea. Maybe if it's too competitive another loan deal for Tammy might be possible? 

Purslow already stated that we are no longer adopting the loan model.

It's ours or nothing I take it.

Unless however, if we are to take someone on loan then it must include a right to buy at the end of the loan.

16 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Agree. First look said Abraham, but probably reading too much into it.

Same here.

Like others have stated, It's just announcing we are now Premier League looking at the change of patch rather than who the player is.

And here's me got all excited..  :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure why we always look at France we have history of deals not working out for us there. 

We should look at the German Market that league is a very high standard

There's been loads of fantastic players coming out of France, just because out scouting has been abysmal and our integration of players on the same level should not influence us now that we got a totally new set of people running the club and everyday business.

But as for looking towards Germany as well I'm all for it.

1 minute ago, sne said:

There's been loads of fantastic players coming out of France, just because out scouting has been abysmal and our integration of players on the same level should not influence us now that we got a totally new set of people running the club and everyday business.

But as for looking towards Germany as well I'm all for it.

I would assume we are looking at all markets, players coming from France just have a better rate of success in the Premier League than from other Leagues and you can also usually pick up those players cheaper than you would Serie A players for example, so we might have a little more of our focus on that market.

I'm sure we have guys in all major Leagues and some minor, all looking for the next Kante...

• Like 1