Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Since theres not much going on. Im throwing in some cms besides milner, that could be interesting.

Santiago Ascacibar
Marc Roca
Otávio
Ibrahim Sangaré
Baptiste Santamaría
Alexis Blin
Valentin Rongier

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Betting sites linking us with Hart, Sturridge, Carroll, Cahill and Charlie Austin.

I mean wtf :D 

That's £450k/w for guys who will mostly keep the medical team busy.

I think it says more about their agents than it does about our transfer strategy... 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Mings, Hause, El Ghazi, McGinn, Guilbert etc are examples of players who are really keen to play for Villa because they all want to make a reputation in the Premier by improving and showcasing their ability. Ambition is more important than money to these players at this moment in time. Villa is currently a rare and potentially career making opportunity for a number of ambitious young players as long as they are prepared to bust a gut and have the right qualities.

Wages don't need to be ridiculously high and should reflect the fact that joining Villa this summer is more about a special opportunity to make a name in the top league with the platform that becoming an Aston Villa player will give them.

Dean Smith's brand of football will attract ambitious players rather than greedy ones.

Guilbert hasn't even played for us & we don't own 3 of the 4 others in your list.......

If someone like palace/watford/brighton came in & offered them more money then they would be going there instead of potentially here.

Edited by LakotaDakota

4 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

I’m all for going after young-ish players, but I’ll make an exception for Jimmy Milner. I’d more or less give him what he wanted to get him back. 

For me, he would be an improved Whelan, Terry etc to give us some experience and leadership we need to stabilise in the PL.

An older, more experienced McGinn if you will.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Betting sites linking us with Hart, Sturridge, Carroll, Cahill and Charlie Austin.

Can we bet on them not signing? 

• Like 2

Most if not all of the players we’ve been linked with so far are just products of lazy journalism. Most of them are either former Brentford players or Villa fans. They’re only mentioned for click bait. 

The days of old hacks with contacts sniffing around players/staff boozing haunts are gone. It’s all guess work putting obvious links together along with some copy and paste. Journalists these days never leave the office and the office is generally in London anyway. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For me, he would be an improved Whelan, Terry etc to give us some experience and leadership we need to stabilise in the PL.

An older, more experienced McGinn if you will.

Would he get the captaincy...

38 minutes ago, sne said:

Tactics Tim's wet dream.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

I really don't.  We've done it before, gone down and it almost completely shafted us.

The financial gap between the PL and the Championship is now even bigger and even more dangerous - it would be staggeringly stupid to throw massive wages at relatively unproven players.

Welcome to the Premier League. We either want to try and compete or we're here to make up the numbers, there's little middle ground. 

At a guess Grealish will be on that already. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Purslow and the new owners have formulated a plan to reduce the age of the squad and create potential player sell on values. We are told we're going forward with younger players with the right character, pace and ability. It's a plan that suits the talents of Dean Smith, and one which he welcomes because of the energetic style of football he wants to play.

They are not suddenly going to be swayed by the availability of big names such as Milner and Cahill, as it would immediately drive a coach and horses through their "plan".

I don’t think signing a couple of experienced players for our first season back will make much difference. We can’t just send out a team of teenagers who all have great potential either. We need some leaders out there as well. So one thing doesn’t rule out the other. Playing alongside such players can also contribute to the young players development.

I think we're going to see quite a few left field signings. Similar to the Guilbert one, he was mentioned in a short article - next week it was all happening within an hour of the interest being public knowledge. 

Apart from Jota (which does make sense from a squad building perspective), I think we'll see a few surprises. 

It's feels quite a strange window already for me. Last time we were in the Premier League teams like Watford, West Ham and Everton were simply not targeting the level of players they are now. I think that because we've been out of the league for a few years now it's a little hard to adjust to the colossal difference in quality of the necessary signings. 

The teams I mentioned are continuously linked with top Seria A, La Liga etc players. Do you guys thinks it's going to be the same for us as the window goes on?

• Like 2