Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, Jonsi77 said:

It would be bad decision to sell high quality international player like Bjarnason, Villa will need that kind of quality in PL. Championship is a bulldog division and player like Kodja, Bjarnason and many other dissapear in that kind of football which is totally different from Premier League. There are also lots of players who have been very good in Championship and have dissapear in PL. 

Thor is that you?

Have you watched the latest Avengers?

Seen the state of yourself mate?

It's not going to work.

Although the people who point out that he has sort of been dicked around by being randomly played in a multitude of positions.

I genuinely don't see anything to suggest he should be starting ahead of ANY of our midfielders.

Just very MEH imo

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

BB will struggle to make the bench. The guy's got energy but a lack of quality on the ball whether he has no time on the ball or all the time in the world. He's not going to suddenly turn good now we've moved a league higher. He'll get a few games maybe in the league cup if he's lucky. He can enjoy the Prem for a season as a fringe player or move on if he's wanting more games. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonsi77 said:

It would be bad decision to sell high quality international player like Bjarnason, Villa will need that kind of quality in PL. Championship is a bulldog division and player like Kodja, Bjarnason and many other dissapear in that kind of football which is totally different from Premier League. There are also lots of players who have been very good in Championship and have dissapear in PL. 

We still will need the odd player like these in the squad. They might not get as many games as they would like, but injuries, suspensions and cup competitions may well see them getting games/minutes on the field. Who knows, as you suggest they may thrive in the PL. Bjarnason and Kodjia have not done too bad at international level after all. We also are unlikely to get high enough bids to tempt us to do without their services just yet.    

A lot of potential in these signings, but how many top flight games in the top 5 or so leagues have our signings this summer played? Need a few proven, less risky, hit the ground type running signings IMO

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

A lot of potential in these signings, but how many top flight games in the top 5 or so leagues have our signings this summer played? Need a few proven, less risky, hit the ground type running signings IMO

Why we are signing Tom Heaton 😛

Though I agree i think Premier League grinders is also not a good strategy in this market. Be asking ridiculous sums for average players

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Aiming for 9-11th hopefully higher. There are junk teams in the PL that have been treading water 

Let’s hope so. I think the tier below below is reality but I hope that is overly cautious having been overly enthused at the previous ‘all the Jordans’ pre-relegation summer.

We have a lot to do, I only hope [some] fans arrogance (not aimed at anyone here, just what you pick up on social media) doesn’t result in restlessness. We had a whole club unity second half of last season that provided a momentum that was worth a good few points.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

I haven't posted for a while so may have missed this already being said

Around this time last year we were days away from administration - We have now spent nearly £100 million on payers and I can see a top 12 finish for next season

UTV

I still think we will struggle. Sep-November could be bottom 3, then as we adapt we should look to fight our way out. I'd be happy with 17th. Can't see higher than 15th - we need to "bed in"

Edited by avfcDJ
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I think we would be expecting a lot for this team to finish top 10 or 12 in its first season. I'd take 17th now but can see us finishing above the likes of Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Sheffield United, Brighton so we will hopefully be more comfortable than relegation scrapping material. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Anybody think we'll still take our obligatory 3 points at Anfield ?

Not so sure about that but, for once in a very long time, I am confident that Man Utd won't be taking their once obligatory 3 points from Villa Park :flag:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Like Austin etc?

4 minutes ago, Jimmyg said:

I’ve seen some comments on Facebook that we have “made enquires” about Ryan Sessignon. Seems complete tosh....I’d be very suprised If there is an ounce of truth in it.

Telegraph tagged us yesterday as making an inquiry along with Juventus PSG Spurs & manure ....

20 hours ago, omariqy said:

Got told a few weeks ago that we were also negotiating for a keeper from a European club as another option. Won't share a name as I read other clubs are in for him and we know journalists love to get their stories from VT. Hes a good player tho and I think he is 26 or 27 and I would be confident we wouldn't see many howlers from him if he signed. 

We’ve been linked with Reims 26 year old keeper Edouard Mendy. He had a good season last year in Ligue 1 and is reported to be worth 7 million. That’s good value for money

Just now, NZV said:

We’ve been linked with Reims 26 year old keeper Edouard Mendy. He had a good season last year in Ligue 1 and is reported to be worth 7 million. That’s good value for money

Not him

• Like 1