Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Saw this on twitter from other day and a french journalist! I am a massive fan of Remi Oudin

Better option than maupay ? Versatile as could cover wide forward/winger 

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Saw this on twitter from other day and a french journalist! I am a massive fan of Remi Oudin

If Peter Titties is right that means we are now linked with a defender, a goalkeeper and a striker from Reims. 

#letsbuyallofReims

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

With Newcastle seemingly in the shit and needing money to pay Bruce's release fee, we could help them out and take Dubravka off their hands. 

:trollface:

Ought to throw in a bid of a, let's say, "certain variety" for Almiron if we're hitting up that particular fire sale.

37 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep, I'd ask, 'set for what' exactly, having an all star Championship 11? Maupay is one of the few I'd take from that level, the rest I'd rather not, much better value elsewhere. I guess when you have three seasons of Championship football fans only gravitate to what they've seen.

Not even disputing there are some above competent players in the Championship.

It's just that they for the most part are terrible value for money atm.

With us now in the PL we should be able to attract players from other places who are at least as good and cheaper as well.

Not too fussed about the adapting to the PL stuff, that's for the club and scouting department to sort out and identify. 

51 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yep, I'd ask, 'set for what' exactly, having an all star Championship 11? Maupay is one of the few I'd take from that level, the rest I'd rather not, much better value elsewhere. I guess when you have three seasons of Championship football fans only gravitate to what they've seen.

Are we ignoring the complete dross that was the bottom half of the PL last season. Personally I think we're better placed with our signings than the likes of West Ham but doom merchants would say otherwise

• Like 1

Looking at a Lille forum and they are linking us with their CB and captain Adama Soumarou who's been allowed to leave if a offer comes in as they are still strapped for cash.

GK Mike Maignan also possibly on his way out.

22 hours ago, omariqy said:

Got told a few weeks ago that we were also negotiating for a keeper from a European club as another option. Won't share a name as I read other clubs are in for him and we know journalists love to get their stories from VT. Hes a good player tho and I think he is 26 or 27 and I would be confident we wouldn't see many howlers from him if he signed. 

Walter Benitez of Nice? 🧐

He has a year left on his contract and has been superb in Ligue 1

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Are we ignoring the complete dross that was the bottom half of the PL last season. Personally I think we're better placed with our signings than the likes of West Ham but doom merchants would say otherwise

West Ham look to be having a pretty good window themselves

30 minutes ago, useless said:

So far most expensive Championship player has been £15m, which is what United and Southampaton paid for James and Adams.

Yeah, the fantasy prices set on Webster and Philips has stopped them going so far.

Remains to be seen if any club gets desperate and pays the £20m valuation Brentford has put on all their players.

33 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don’t know man.  I don’t think it was that bad. It’s just if you compare it alongside the top 6 which was the strongest in Europe last season then yes most of the teams looked poor. 

But I bet if you did a table without the top 6, Huddersfield aside it would be very tight

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t know man.  I don’t think it was that bad. It’s just if you compare it alongside the top 6 which was the strongest in Europe last season then yes most of the teams looked poor. 

But I bet if you did a table without the top 6, Huddersfield aside it would be very tight

Huddersfield beat Wolves home and away. From memory the second loss was yet another Rui Patricio howler who couldn't keep a CS to save himself most of the season but many on here probably automatically think he's world class