Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

so If Luiz and Engels are true......

Steer, Targett, Mings, Konsa, Guilbert, Grealish, Luiz, McGinn, El Ghazi, Jota, Wesley.

Subs: Kalinic, Hause, Engels, Elmo, Hourihane, Lansbury, Kodjia

very nice.....

I think really all we critically need after that, is another Winger, and maybe a GK and another midfielder. (and maybe another striker?)

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

All these were on NewsNow before the posting on Twitter

No they weren't.

Luiz and engels was nothing before his original tweet which was posted on here.

Soon after journos picked up on it.

And he is the one saying transfers are in advanced stages, not reported before that.

Sometimes people know before others, dont hate.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Perhaps read again because in both of my posts I’ve clearly stated that we have potential to be better at Fullback ie Guibert & Targett look like they could be better than Elmo and Taylor. At the moment for me that is the only area (First XI) where we should be stronger

But why “potential” to be better there, but not “potential” to be better elsewhere? Just seems a bit weirdly negative tbh. 

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Steer, Targett, Mings, Konsa, Guilbert, Grealish, Luiz, McGinn, El Ghazi, Jota, Wesley.

very nice.....

I think really all we critically need after that, is another Winger, and maybe a GK and another midfielder. (and maybe another striker?)

Don't forget Trezeguet whose had a bid accepted!

11 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

All these were on NewsNow before the posting on Twitter

Don’t knock Connor ... I did and it blew up massively in my face  😂🤣😂 no way he could of known about Douglas Luiz other than being ITK 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

Phillips was also on the list, I doubt we'd be in advance talks for him if he was an alternative to Luiz. It's worth remembering that at Girona Luiz didn't actually play as a defensive midfielder, and Phillips himself before last season was more of an attacking midfielder, so no reason why wouldn't want to sign both.

48 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Na it's a GK mate

Walked into that one .... David Soria or geronimo Rulli  ? Yes I am searching google for 26-27 European Goalkeepers 🤣😂🤣

Edited by thabucks

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

very nice.....

Oh is that all? Haha

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Jota is a vast improvement on Green for the way DS wants to play.

i dont think you can compare Wesley and Abraham currently, could go wither way.

It seems my point is by-passing some here. 

Firstly I'm delighted by the window so far but I was responding to some who felt (our midfield) is immense and that we can look to challenge nearer the top than the bottom of the table 

I hope they all turn out to be world beaters but if you asked me today I would rate  Tuanzebe and Abraham as better than  Konsa and Wesley, given what we know atm

The only area I think we look stronger is at FBs.  In the rest of the First XI I don’t feel we are better as we look at it today

You May be right that Jota represents a vast improvement on Adomah/Green but I’m not seeing it as he struggled to hold down a place in a very average SHA team

Where I am pleased is that we are building a little more depth but we will need to confirm Luiz (probable), and a couple from  Maupay, Beharama, Trezugaut before I’ll join in with the annual “This time we’re going to rip up the league” talk

40 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

It seems my point is by-passing some here. 

Firstly I'm delighted by the window so far but I was responding to some who felt (our midfield) is immense and that we can look to challenge nearer the top than the bottom of the table 

I hope they all turn out to be world beaters but if you asked me today I would rate  Tuanzebe and Abraham as better than  Konsa and Wesley, given what we know atm

The only area I think we look stronger is at FBs.  In the rest of the First XI I don’t feel we are better as we look at it today

You May be right that Jota represents a vast improvement on Adomah/Green but I’m not seeing it as he struggled to hold down a place in a very average SHA team

Where I am pleased is that we are building a little more depth but we will need to confirm Luiz (probable), and a couple from  Maupay, Beharama, Trezugaut before I’ll join in with the annual “This time we’re going to rip up the league” talk

Jota struggled to hold down a spot in the SHA team because he wasnt a clogger, he was a maestro in a team of neanderthals, no wonder he had issues there tbh, if he didnt "break legs" then he prob wasnt any use to them.

Jota has weaknesses, but in terms suiting DS's preferred playing style, ball skill, passing ability, vision etc etc, he is miles ahead of Adomah and Green, i cant even see how anyone thinks that is a debate, Jota is more like a "grealish" than an "adomah or Green".

I dont think anyone actually thinks we are going to "rip up the league", most people here are hopeful for an 11th to 17th finish, and in all honestly would probably take 17th if you offered it to them right now.

People are excited by the signings, 100m spent almost, the first time ever we have spent such money, lets just enjoy it, i have faith in the management team for the first time in.......10+ years?, lets just trust in them and enjoy the ride, i think some of the signings could turn out to be good, or not good, but either way, we can all see what they are trying to do, and that is to recruit young(ish), exciting, progressive footballers who will benefit the club long term, im fully supportive of that.

My memories of the Lescotts, Richards, McCormack, Cissokoh, Richardson, tonev, bacuna, westwood, bowery, n'zogbia, jenas, ireland, harerwood years, make me quite thankful that the club has a vision now, and succeed or fail, at least its gonna be a fun ride.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

But why “potential” to be better there, but not “potential” to be better elsewhere? Just seems a bit weirdly negative tbh. 

Anyone has the “potential” to do anything  but I expect Guibert and Targett to be better than Elmo and Taylor, although it can be difficult hitting the ground running at a new club and in a new country 

In my previous posts I also said that Wesley May come in a rip up the league - hardly negative BUT again as we stand here today if you were to ask me would I prefer Abraham, I would because of his familiarity with Villa and experience in English football

Im not negative at all and have stated numerous times that I’m delighted with Smith and delighted with our transfer activity but I’m realistic enough to realise that even with two or three further signings we will be in a battle from the off next season

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I dont think anyone actually thinks we are going to "rip up the league", most people here are hopeful for a 11th to 17th finish, and in all honestly would probably take 17th if you offered it to them right now.

I hope you’re right about Jota I really do - I’d got him earmarked as a squad player at best

On your other point, My original response was to someone who felt that our midfield was “immense” and the we could be challenging nearer the top than the bottom

like you I’ll be happy with 17th this time round

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Anyone has the “potential” to do anything  but I expect Guibert and Targett to be better than Elmo and Taylor, although it can be difficult hitting the ground running at a new club and in a new country 

In my previous posts I also said that Wesley May come in a rip up the league - hardly negative BUT again as we stand here today if you were to ask me would I prefer Abraham, I would because of his familiarity with Villa and experience in English football

Im not negative at all and have stated numerous times that I’m delighted with Smith and delighted with our transfer activity but I’m realistic enough to realise that even with two or three further signings we will be in a battle from the off next season

I think we all are excited at the mo but realistically 80% of us secretly know it will not be a great easy season even with the signings. 

It's just that you are the one saying what most of us are trying not to 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I hope you’re right about Jota I really do - I’d got him earmarked as a squad player at best

On your other point, My original response was to someone who felt that our midfield was “immense” and the we could be challenging nearer the top than the bottom

like you I’ll be happy with 17th this time round

I agree and kind of see jota as a squad player, I'm hoping we sign a classy winger.

What I meant is that jota is a better footballer than green or adomah by a country mile.

He has his weakneses like not tracking back and probably being a bit light weight, as well as one footed, but his technical ability is certainly not in question and I would have him over green or adomah any day of the week.

Edited by MaVilla