Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

El Ghazi is actually the dutch N'Zogbia.

Some people talk like he is the second coming of Ronaldo. Truth is, he had a very mixed season. Players like sessengnon and Costa tore up the championship and struggled in the Premier league, so let's not try and make out he is a world beater. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I notice that Hepburn-Murphy, O'Hare and Jack Clarke have all gone to the US, have always thought that Clarke seems be underrated based on the few times I've seen him at least. Didn't see Doyle-Hayes or Sulliman in any of pictures, maybe they're about to go on loan.

24 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Forgot about Tish. We need to sell his ass.

Not like that. Stop sniggering. 

You've cracked the code, the football club is actually just a front for the rent boy business.

"Asston Villa" " Booty Moor Heath".

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

Some people talk like he is the second coming of Ronaldo. Truth is, he had a very mixed season. Players like sessengnon and Costa tore up the championship and struggled in the Premier league, so let's not try and make out he is a world beater. 

Yeah but he’s less of a cockwomble than Ronaldo, and he has silky smooth hair. Does that mean nothing to you people?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You've cracked the code, the football club is actually just a front for the rent boy business.

"Asston Villa" " Booty Moor Heath".

Now I know how we met FFP. 

We need a photo of Deano in a purple chinchilla jacket with a feather in his hat. 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I’ll get shot down but i don't think ElGhazi is anywhere good enough on evidence. He was a driving force in the play off final and hope he steps up. I think he can but struggles with self belief, fingers crossed. Good squad member though 👍🏻

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I’ll get shot down but i don't think ElGhazi is anywhere good enough on evidence. He was a driving force in the play off final and hope he steps up. I think he can but struggles with self belief, fingers crossed. Good squad member though 👍🏻

I thought he played well consistantly from February. Ask me before that and I'd happily have sent him back like Yannick.

Still got lots to learn but remember he was involved at the top level with Ajax for season or two.

Needs a good start to the season. If he does can see him doing well at prem level.

Edited by VillaChris

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

I can’t help but be a tiny bit concerned that we are signing too many new players, and changing too much from what we had last season, which got us promoted after a 10 game winning streak. 

When has it ever worked for a team changing so much playing personnel? Especially one coming up from the division below? 

Dont get me wrong, exciting signings being made. All of this is great fun...

Fulham spent £100m and went straight back down. They are the exception though - they are only big spenders who went down

We had no choice but to assemble a new team. Smith built a promotion winning team with someone elses players - so I am quietly confident he can do it with his own players.

El Ghazi was left out of the squad by Bruce, something I couldn't quite believe, so by the time Smith came in he was out practice and out of match sharpness, to the point where behind closed doors games had to be arranged for some of our players. But once he was integrated into the squad he began to show his worth. Would have been one of the stand out players in the division if he was used properly from the beginning. It remains to be seen how he does in the Premier league, but the fact that Everton and another unknown Premier league side tried to sign him this summer shows that it's not just Villa fans that rate him.

• Like 2

We had no option but to spend a shitload of money.  The important thing is having a plan and buying players to fit that plan.  Also having a manager who doesnt seem the type to throw his toys out the pram if it's not his first choice players we get in.  I get the impression Dean would relish the challenge of trying to coach just about anyone he gets given.

• Like 1

Fulham's biggest mistake last season was getting rid of Jokanović when they were only there points from safety, and replacing him with someone totally unsuitable for managing a Jokanović built side.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, useless said:

Fulham's biggest mistake last season was getting rid of Jokanović when they were only there points from safety, and replacing him with someone totally unsuitable for managing a Jokanović built side.

Their biggest mistake was panic buying a load of shite on deadline, without vetting them first. Absolutely no coherent transfer strategy. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

So errrmmm, changing the topic slightly...

Wonder if we can get this thread to 1000 pages?

Or even to 1001, one for each night?