Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 hours ago, Thats2 said:

Other foreign keepers I think show some potential:

Noam Baumann, Lugano

Remy Descamps, PSG (was on loan at Clermont Foot last year)

Saturnin Allagbe, Niort

From watching french football I've always liked Anthony Lopes of Lyon. Been their number one for many years now and at 28 still has good decade left. Mind you Mandanda looks quality for Marseille and he only lasted about six months at Crystal Palace.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

One of the daftest things I’ve read on here in a long time. 

Well that may well be true, but if he signs for Sheffield United it could be the basis of a great chant. “You’re just a French Scott Hogan”. 

• Haha 4

Thought I’d post this in here rather than divert the Suso thread ... So we’ve spent close to Or just above £100 mill thus far with 3 players still required at least to sign. I want Leao/ Oudin  to cover wing & st (if I say it enough in my mind Leao stands more chance of happening ) Phillips and a Gk oh plus Bayliss ... we will need to shift a few on, Kalinic, Hogan & Lansbury spring to mind due to what they offer vs wages and poss Tish & Thor.... but I’d keep both of them in the event of an extreme injury crisis ... Easy now back to real world .... where’s my signings @ ... getting withdrawal symptoms 😂

I can’t help but be a tiny bit concerned that we are signing too many new players, and changing too much from what we had last season, which got us promoted after a 10 game winning streak. 

When has it ever worked for a team changing so much playing personnel? Especially one coming up from the division below? 

Dont get me wrong, exciting signings being made. All of this is great fun...

Edited by Tayls

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

I can’t help but be a tiny bit concerned that we are signing too many new players, and changing too much from what we had last season, which got us promoted after a 10 game winning streak. 

When has it ever worked for a team changing so much playing personnel? Especially one coming up from the division below? 

Dont get me wrong, exciting signings being made. All of this is great fun...

Essentially we just didn’t have a choice. We had to release Jedi, Adomah, McCormack and the others (exception perhaps Whelan) because they just couldn’t cut it. So we have to stick with what we have, or add to it. What we’ve had isn’t even a squad never mind one capable of staying in the PL. so we’ve done what we had to do, keep the players we can, secure the loans we had (3 made permanent) and add where we’re lacking.

If we line up something like:

Steer

Elmo    Mings   Konsa  Targett

Luiz 

Jota(?)   McGinn  Grealish  ElGhazi

Wesley

then that’s five new players in the starting eleven, is that too many? Only time will tell.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Dont get me wrong, exciting signing being made. It’s great. 

I'd be concerned if like Fulham we'd left it to the last minute, but we have the majority of our signings done before we even start pre-season friendlies. It doesn't take that long to gel a team when they are training almost 7 days a week for the next 3 and a half weeks.

Where other teams have struggled is they leave their business until the end. Fulham last summer signed like 5 or 6 players on deadline day? That's where issues arise as you sign half a team in one day and the season starts the next day.

Aston Villa have done phenomenal business and left themselves with about as much time as they need to start creating partnerships in training. 3 and half weeks is a long time when you're training almost every day. 

• Like 2

@bobzy @alreadyexists

Both very true. It’s easy to forget that our very core (pretty much) was made up of on loan players. Was always going to be difficult. Thankfully we have secured Mings and Anwar - both were crucial signings in my opinion. Hause on top of that. 

I just hope we don’t get the whole - ohh it’s taking ages for players to gel and all that stuff. We had that scenario already when we signed all the Jordan’s... 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I'd be concerned if like Fulham we'd left it to the last minute, but we have the majority of our signings done before we even start pre-season friendlies. It doesn't take that long to gel a team when they are training almost 7 days a week for the next 3 and a half weeks.

Where other teams have struggled is they leave their business until the end. Fulham last summer signed like 5 or 6 players on deadline day? That's where issues arise as you sign half a team in one day and the season starts the next day.

Aston Villa have done phenomenal business and left themselves with about as much time as they need to start creating partnerships in training. 3 and half weeks is a long time when you're training almost every day. 

I think that is the key isn’t it, I’ve seen it branded around a few places - are Villa going to ‘do a fulham’... 

one interesting graphic showed that from the last six promoted sides to spend £50m or more,  only one club has been relegated. who was that one.... you guessed it.

Fulham.. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Thought I’d post this in here rather than divert the Suso thread ... So we’ve spent close to Or just above £100 mill thus far with 3 players still required at least to sign. I want Leao/ Oudin  to cover wing & st (if I say it enough in my mind Leao stands more chance of happening ) Phillips and a Gk oh plus Bayliss ... we will need to shift a few on, Kalinic, Hogan & Lansbury spring to mind due to what they offer vs wages and poss Tish & Thor.... but I’d keep both of them in the event of an extreme injury crisis ... Easy now back to real world .... where’s my signings @ ... getting withdrawal symptoms 😂

Forgot about Tish. We need to sell his ass.

Not like that. Stop sniggering. 

• Haha 2